6th annual fall cleaning meet

so we were originally thinking we could bang out the quarter panel from the inside and fix up the car all cheaper but we may not be able to due to the double wall and the strut being right there in the way. However! we may be able to do the repair by pulling the strut out and reaching in through the hole there. Either way, we are going to have their insurance give is lots of money and hopefully not want to total the car and go from there. If we can bang it out them more money for me, if not we gotta cut the panel and put in a new one.

soooo, i probably will ride shotgun with jeff for the meet and not bother working on my headlights. unlessssssss we pull the bumper off another protege and mount the projectors that way :)

i'll be there to grab your vent and test fit the new pod.. :)
awesome ben! i'm actually thinking of doing the passenger side too?
Getting close....30% chance of rain though the last I checked....booo! I don't give a damn, I'm coming up this time. lol And Kyle, you are more than welcome to ride shotgun or if you drive we can plan on meeting up again.

Mahk, I got a stock antenna if you are still looking for one.

great! we'll have a good time no matter! yes, i'll take that antenna off your hands, just tell me how much please.

see ya'll sat morn

Yup. Oh well. Looks like we'll be hanging out in the garage again. Always a good time though. :)

Def. good times and last I checked the rain was supposed to start in the afternoon, is this still true? If so, we can at least get some things done in the morning. I picked up some belts last night and was hoping to get those on to get rid of the damn squeal. Once that was done, was going to see if Kyle needed a hand with his retrofit. Putting the snow tires on after work since they are calling for 3-6" of the white stuff tomorrow...WTF

i gotta do a little epoxy work to the back of my reflectors before the project can begin really tomorrow so hopefully epoxy works, i maybe should use silicon to give the nuts I'm putting in a little "give" but we will see. if epoxy works then great, if not... silicon another day :)

i'll come by! i guess not much detailing will take place. i'll bring some beer! i have a suspension clunk that needs looking at.

Not gonna make it guys :( Too damn cold.

Effing pissed. While changing lanes on the highway yesterday some a-hole gunned it to block me out and swiped my rear quarter panel. I was going all of 5 mph in traffic slowly merging from the right lane to the middle lane when he apparently didn't want me to merge. I had no idea he hit my car until I got home....but it does explain why he cut me off twice and stopped traffic. I couldn't figure it out...I thought he was just being an a-hole since he never got out of the car or anything...so i just waited for him to pull forward. He started making me nervous so I switched two lanes and pulled ahead about 20 cars to get away from him. Then I find out when I get home that he put some nice scratches in my fender and bumper. Most of it buffed out. I really don't get it. He left 1.5 car lengths so i put my blinker on and slowly moved over. I'm baffled by how he managed to hit me...unless it was intentional.

well it wasn't the best of days weather wise, but we had a good time anyway. the fire helped until the rain started. jeff got his belts changed, marc got his car cleaned, amd most of all we hung out and enjoyed each others comany nepoc style! jeff, thanks for drivin up and drivin home in a snow storm with my bumpa! you all were missed!

great time today!! so beat from being up late and up early but oh well. can't wait to see everyone again at the next get together. hopefully I can work on my lights soon so all will see them next time :)

Thanks Mahk for having us once again. Despite the weather I still had a great time and NO squeals on the way home!!! :D Thanks to you, Kyle and Oleg for helping out with them!!!

I got in a little after 8pm and all in all it wasn't too bad. First snowfall I hit was in Groton and from there it was on/off until I got near the Stamford area. NY was nuts crossing the Tappanzee...couldn't see the lines at one point. 287 in NJ was also hit or miss with both snow and traffic and I must have counted at least 20 downed trees along the roadside. But I am home safe and sound and hoping that the snow in my driveway melts so I don't have to shovel it! lol I drove 300 miles from MA to PA and the most accumulation I saw on the roads was here at home.

And one more thing....if it's raining or snowing like crazy, I don't care what time of day it is.....TURN ON YOUR EFFING LIGHTS!! /end rant :D

Time to snuggle up with Tamz....we have been a couple 19yrs today!

Oh yeah, NP with the bumpah....always glad to help and I'll give him a call this week.

Hope that epoxy works out for ya Kyle and you can get them finished soon. Hmmmm, after making yours maybe you could use your expertise to make me a pair. lol

Good to see everyone again!,
Nice meeting you Jeff and Kyle, Hope to see you guys again @ the next cleaning meet.. :D

Thanks Mahk! And nice to meet you as well Ben....maybe one day I can talk the wife into getting one of your vent pods. :) I'm not Josh by any means but here are a few pics I took.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NEPOC Fall Clean Meet Oct 29th 2011 (1).JPG
    NEPOC Fall Clean Meet Oct 29th 2011 (1).JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 353
  • NEPOC Fall Clean Meet Oct 29th 2011 (7).JPG
    NEPOC Fall Clean Meet Oct 29th 2011 (7).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 237
  • NEPOC Fall Clean Meet Oct 29th 2011 (10).JPG