Official NEPOC Spring Cleaning Thread

cleaning and detailing the engine bay can be an all day event...depends on how dirty and how clean you want to get everything...the spray down is simple, it's getting in all the cracks and crevices that takes time and affords you cut fingers and knuckles!!

Last edited:
ooo ooo I know what I need some help on! I had to move my cruise control (I think that's what that relay is for) in my engine bay when I put in my ebay cai...it's been ghetto rigged for the past 2 years lol. maybe somebody can help me mount it not-so-ghetto

bazooka joe said:
cleaning and detailing the engine back can be an all day event...depends on how dirty and how clean you want to get everything...the spray down is simple, it's getting in all the cracks and crevices that takes time and affords you cut fingers and knuckles!!

So how long to clean mine Mark?

bazooka joe said:
haha.....i think yours is a demolition job!! not a detailing job!

Ok you guys, LOL, no argument but I would at least like to clean it!! Come on Mark, I bled for you!!

a223818 said:
Ok you guys, LOL, no argument but I would at least like to clean it!! Come on Mark, I bled for you!!

ya, i'm sure we can get it looking reasonable!

dsc000810.jpg

whitemp5seattle said:
ooo ooo I know what I need some help on! I had to move my cruise control (I think that's what that relay is for) in my engine bay when I put in my ebay cai...it's been ghetto rigged for the past 2 years lol. maybe somebody can help me mount it not-so-ghetto

Are you talking about the piece of metal and tubing that came off the stock intake? if so, that's the purge valve solenoid. I just zip tied mine to my stb. If someone has a welder, maybe they could tac weld it to the new intake.

whitemp5seattle said:
not-so-ghetto

LOL
There are so many things hangin in my engine bay!
The CC, the battery, the crumbling couplers, all sorts of solenoids vibrating madly! Welcome to my world!

Bruce, tape some plastic bags over your filter and spray down the engine with water (not when its hot), buy some foaming engine cleaner.
APPLY VERY LIBERALLY!!
Wait and rinse off, then use some Simple Green degreaser and again apply liberally and rinse. Wipe until clean (-ish).

-plastic bags
-tape
-foaming engine cleaner
-Simple Green
-Shop towels/paper towels
-Hose

I need touch up paint...

SlowPro98 said:
Are you talking about the piece of metal and tubing that came off the stock intake? if so, that's the purge valve solenoid. I just zip tied mine to my stb. If someone has a welder, maybe they could tac weld it to the new intake.

yeah I'm pretty sure that's it...I don't think I wanna weld it to the new intake...if I ever go back to stock it'll be a PITA

zip ties sounds good though...right now I took a little piece of tubing and kinda stuck it in the tubing and stuck the tubing to something else lol...it stays still but looks ridonculous. a zip tie at least looks somewhat normal

altspace said:
Hmmmmm.....

bruce_p5.jpg

Crazee D
Thanks for the tips. I will give it a go. What kind of a mess does it make on the driveway? Does the cleanup kill grass and small animals?

Josh,

I hope you not doing a engine bay comparo here, I admit, it's dirty. I drive her hard and put her away wet.

my engine bay looks NASTAY right now:

408804579_f1d9e72718_o.jpg

not having a hood on the car all week long while inside a dust-filled body shop has really taken a toll on things. Aside from salt and stuff from winter it was pretty clean the first week of Jan when I did the turbo install.

Back