Official NEPOC Spring Cleaning Thread

altspace said:
I recommend Z-10 Leather in a Bottle, it looks, feels, and smells fantastic.

yeah we used that stuff on my steering wheel and it worked great. I told my roommate about it and we're going to give it a go on his 91 Volvo 940SE's leather interior.

Hehe...I got to rub down almost everyone's car. Man that was a ton of "wax on...wax off", and a ton of claying.

altspace said:
Hehe...I got to rub down almost everyone's car. Man that was a ton of "wax on...wax off", and a ton of claying.
Josh helped a ton, and thanks to everyone else who helped! (I think everyone pretty much worked on everyone else's car)

Thanks bro. It was great to help everyone out and the results were amazing. Excellent product recommendations Oleg.

Astral said:
Josh helped a ton, and thanks to everyone else who helped! (I think everyone pretty much worked on everyone else's car)

Thanks to all. Even after 5 days of rain, 4 days driving in it, it still looks good and smells great.

I now this is going to hurt Mark, Oleg, and Josh but ran her thru the carwash and she looks even better. Water still beading.

Off to New Brunswick tomorrow to pickup the daughter from college. Be back late Saturday. Might make the sunday meet.

a223818 said:
Thanks to all. Even after 5 days of rain, 4 days driving in it, it still looks good and smells great.

I now this is going to hurt Mark, Oleg, and Josh but ran her thru the carwash and she looks even better. Water still beading.

Off to New Brunswick tomorrow to pickup the daughter from college. Be back late Saturday. Might make the sunday meet.

....(smash) ...have a safe trip and see you sunday

I've posted way too many how to's for detailing in the ClubRSX forums when I was an Admin. Like Oleg mentioned, there's a ton of info out there, but thanks.

a223818 said:

Please no. At least find a touchless car wash. Those brush units will remove wax and leave a ton of swirls.

altspace said:
Please no. At least find a touchless car wash. Those brush units will remove wax and leave a ton of swirls.
The wax is pretty durable, it should hold up through a bunch of those washes. The touchless washes have much stronger detergent and give wax run for its money also.

Bruce, as long as it's beading nicely, you're all set :)

just found this comment from our black out meet! too funny!
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"><!-- status icon and date -->
post_old.gif
11-21-2006, 08:49 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right> #283 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>RedHotP5<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2816633", true); </SCRIPT>
<!-- 15 --><!-- 20 --><!-- 11 --><!-- user title -->Slow is good...

Car: 2002 Classic Red P5/2004 Titanium Gray Metallic MPV ES
Donated: $10

</TD><TD class=alt1><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Kansei
I'm game :p In april I will be making the longest drive to the meet though haha.

Making plans for "spring cleaning" of the Proteges ftw!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes Chris you will, would be great to come back up and hang with you guys again but not for a spring cleaning. Would spend the day detailing to only have it dirty again once I got home. :(
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
P5-April22007.jpg

2005 Mazda Tribute Wheels Wrapped In Kumho Ecsta AST's 205/50/16/03.5 MSP Axle Back/AEM SRI/NEPOC Black Headlights & Black Bumper Markers/RockBlocker 20% Smoked Fog Light Protection/Black Alteeza Tails With BlueBatmobile Smoked Turn Signal & Reverse Overlays/cable43 Mazda6 Rear Wiper Conversion/CX-7 Antenna/DaveB Polished Gauge Rings/JVC KD-G320 HU
<!-- / sig --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>
user_offline.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

altspace said:

Been using the same carwash for over 5 years. They treat me well there.

Up in Bangor now, going to catch some zz's then on to Sussex NB tomorrow. Did a gas mileage check and got 36 MPG coming up doing 65-75 mph. I think the new coils and wax job are keeping her humming.

bazooka joe said:
just found this comment from our black out meet! too funny!

(rofl)

Wow, you have a lot of free time on your hands!!! Guess I have to go back and delete some posts...hahaha

Although I didn't do any detailing I did have a great time, met some new people and got a first hand how-to on changing pads and rotors. All in all a trip worth it.

Can't forget the bbq and cake either....mmmmmm Damn I am hungry now...

a223818 said:
Been using the same carwash for over 5 years. They treat me well there.

Up in Bangor now, going to catch some zz's then on to Sussex NB tomorrow. Did a gas mileage check and got 36 MPG coming up doing 65-75 mph. I think the new coils and wax job are keeping her humming.

Oleg is a genius....he has found a wax that flows air more efficiently over the car to decrease drag and increase MPG. haha

I averaged 29mpg on my trip up....ATX FTL. :(

RedHotP5 said:
(rofl)

Wow, you have a lot of free time on your hands!!! Guess I have to go back and delete some posts...hahaha

Although I didn't do any detailing I did have a great time, met some new people and got a first hand how-to on changing pads and rotors. All in all a trip worth it.

Can't forget the bbq and cake either....mmmmmm Damn I am hungry now...

haha...actually, someone PM'd me about blacking out headlights and i pointed them to our little get together...just happen to click on your post and thought it was funny...won't be coming...haha!!

RedHotP5 said:
Oleg is a genius....he has found a wax that flows air more efficiently over the car to decrease drag and increase MPG. haha

I averaged 29mpg on my trip up....ATX FTL. :(

Yes he is. Did some VERY spirited driving this morning in ME and was really flogging her and then did some 70 mph cruising and still got 28 mpg.

Back at home finally, see some of you tomorrow.

Back