GI: 505 Intake Manifold Round 3

looks great....

How much is this gonna cost, I see you basically telling us it's gonna be MORE that what we have been expecting to pay. A heads up ball park figure would be nice with all the holidays coming up

Will get the number up here as soon as I can... without a final welding quote or blasting/coating/polishing quote yet I can't say anything concrete for sure, but even without those MY cost has already risen above the GB price of the 1st/2nd gen. So keeping it under 1k isn't going to happen unless we find a major cost saving step somewhere (or several small-ish ones). I'm still working on that and don't want to scare anyone off until the final complete numbers are in, but at the moment 1100-1200 is looking possible.

New TB flange is done and on it's way from the machine shop. I will be able to do the test fitting over Thanksgiving weekend. If that all goes good it'll get welded up and we'll see how she does numbers-wise, and if no tweaks are needed we'll start up the GB right away.

Last edited:
Deleting my post isn't very nice.
Your PM insisted that I should delete it...

Why even bother asking if you were going to delete it anyways.

Deleting my post isn't very nice.
Your PM insisted that I should delete it...

Why even bother asking if you were going to delete it anyways.

First, I don't have the ability to delete posts here; only mods and admins do.

Second, I didn't ask you to delete your post. I asked you to delete the PICS and the company's CONTACT INFO, because that stuff isn't allowed here for non-av/amm businesses.

Lastly, I don't know why you think it's cool to go into somebody else's FS/GI thread and use it to promote another company, but it isn't cool at all. A simple "sorry guys I'm out, take me off the list" would've been appropriate. Posting a bunch of pics in here and telling people to go look up the company that built it for you is incredibly bad form.

I am sorry, but LOL. Nice. I do not think (some) people know what it takes to be a AV here... nor the effort/commitment you are putting forward to making this manifold, and delivering it to the 24/7 crowd.

*goes back to waiting eagerly for the numbers*

Lastly, I don't know why you think it's cool to go into somebody else's FS/GI thread and use it to promote another company, but it isn't cool at all. A simple "sorry guys I'm out, take me off the list" would've been appropriate. Posting a bunch of pics in here and telling people to go look up the company that built it for you is incredibly bad form.

I really can't say anything else, ^^ is a perfectly formed response. Calmn, logical and without the vitriol that leads to an escalation of events. So simply quoting for truth.

unfortunately im out of this. money is too tight. if anybody has a gen 1 or 2 for grabs pm me.

1. Hammo (No EGR) Black READY
2. Woody1969(no egr)Ready to pay in full*
3. Turboj1 (BLACK no EGR) READY
5. Destineal (EGR BLACK) READY 5/23
6. msp03micablack
7. TX Speed Demon (No EGR) Ready to pay in full
8. Whitenred - (egr) ready to pay in full
9. Paniaguae640 READY
10. Stiki (EGR, bare) READY 5/23
11. Gabi
12. dizer
13. Ride0012*
14. mazda_sp20 - ready to pay in full (EGR)
15. jumaaneface
16. DOMO*
17. Junya1985(EGR)
18. mazdaastina1999 (No EGR) - Ready To Pay In Full
19. 03.5MSP (no EGR)
20. SSBryan (EGR)
21. googoo1oo (w/EGR) black
22.clement_ghost (no EGR) black
23. ZealoustheEnder EGR Polished
24. Marmas01 (no EGR) Black
25. greenspeed

Welp, it all fits. Ended up not being able to wait for the weekend to test fit these new pieces.

IMAG0418.jpg

Notice how tight the fit is for the throttle cable spindle at the brake can hard-line. That is where the last iteration was hitting.

The new throttle cable bracket design works perfectly and the geometry is much better than it was on the 1st/2nd gen. Should make for a buttery smooth pedal feel.

I will try to get in touch with Skip tomorrow about the welding... Wes is out indefinitely due to family stuff, so we'll be going back to my original welder up in Los Alamos (he did all of my stuff back in the day and is incredible). As long as his quote isn't crazy high, we'll be going with him for both the proto and the production manis. He passed on doing the first batch due to how much fab work was involved, but now that everything is machined and quick to assemble I am hoping he is down to get back on board.

Here's a shot of the injector flange he did for me back in the day (this is stainless, I don't have any pics of his aluminum welding):

injectorwelds3.jpg

If he passes on it I have a couple other leads to check out next week.

Gettin closer to road test time fellas. (nailbyt)

(rockon)

Last edited:
Dont have to worry about the throttle cable bracket hitting brake booster on rdh cars.

Bring on the production!!!

looks great....

How much is this gonna cost, I see you basically telling us it's gonna be MORE that what we have been expecting to pay. A heads up ball park figure would be nice with all the holidays coming up
He already said up words of 1100us

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is there going to be enough clearance for those running a thermal spacer between the head and intake manifold?

Is there going to be enough clearance for those running a thermal spacer between the head and intake manifold?

The good ones from JayRacing are 1/4" and I am making sure this will work with those. Anything thicker (don't even think there are any out there) will be really tight on the brake booster vac line and might not work.

Skip is out of the game, meeting with a new welder here in Albuquerque on Tuesday that is supposed to be phenomenal.

Latest posts

Back