GI: Affordable Intake Manifold

thepope540

:
2003.5 Yellow Speed - Sold, Spicy - Sold, #639 Black Mica
I've had a few requests for an affordable intake manifold so I turned on the AMM status to see if the interest level is high enough to justify bringing the part to market. Here's what I would be offering:

Fully TIG welded Aluminum construction
Velocity stacks inside the plenum
CNC cut flanges
One Vacuum port (a vac manifold could be an option)
Provisions to mount the stock fuel rail and stock throttlebody
EGR Delete

I'm working to get the pricing down to $350 for a bare bones setup and $400 with hardware & gaskets. There would be no other options at this price point. I don't want to take deposits until I have a finished manifold on a car, but I do need at least 10 people to make this worth my while.

F#$%! Well I'm glad you're still developing reasonably priced products for the protege I just wish I could get in on this gb.

Last edited:
Very interested!!!!! I would say leave the egr so check engine light isn't a problem, and maybe see about incorporating an adapter to have a larger throttlebody. I would definitely buy one from you though.

And just because I know it's going to come up. What I would do with the egr is put a delete cap on the exhaust manifold and then reconnect the egr pipe at the intake but cut 80% of it off and just hook up a filter to the pipe. This way the egr is still working but you're not funneling exhaust gases in there.

The EGR delete is a deal breaker for me, otherwise my name would definitely be on this list. I can't have a CEL, and I don't plan on going full standalone any time soon. Just throwing that out there.. if you can make the EGR stay then count me in.

My plan is to completely delete the EGR system. Adding provisions to keep it add a lot of time to the construction of the manifold and also another set of parts that have to be machined. Keeping EGR adds somewhere around $50 and I just don't really see it being worth it. Plus, you can avoid a CEL by just leaving the valve plugged in, but not doing anything.

The EGR delete is a deal breaker for me, otherwise my name would definitely be on this list. I can't have a CEL, and I don't plan on going full standalone any time soon. Just throwing that out there.. if you can make the EGR stay then count me in.

+1 but not to sure aobut a deal breaker on me but ideal

My plan is to completely delete the EGR system. Adding provisions to keep it add a lot of time to the construction of the manifold and also another set of parts that have to be machined. Keeping EGR adds somewhere around $50 and I just don't really see it being worth it. Plus, you can avoid a CEL by just leaving the valve plugged in, but not doing anything.
Are you sure about that CEL fix, cuz I don't think that's enough to keep the CEL from being tripped. But if it is, then count me in.. I just don't want the CEL.. I could care less about whether the EGR is actually functional or not.

I just want to ensure that if it's going to have egr deleted that the check engine lights not going to be an issue. Plus what about the throttlebody opening and making it compatible with a larger throttlebody.

Also is having the ID of the runners wider to accomodate a pnp cylinder head a possibility. Either way. I want it.

All you need to do now is fabricate ramhorn equal length runner exhaust manis for T25 and T3 turbines and you'll have a monopoly, Tom.

All you need to do now is fabricate ramhorn equal length runner exhaust manis for T25 and T3 turbines and you'll have a monopoly, Tom.
Already ahead of you on this! I sent him a message about steedspeed no longer making exhaust manis for the protege. NO one makes a quality mani now... the thunder is about as bad as the stocker for cracking and I think its borderling known to crack more then the stockers.

Back