GI: Affordable Intake Manifold

Hells yeah. We need to go on strike, because our platform needs more options and he's already proven to produce a badass product.

I honestly think we are extremely underestimated. Our cars have so much potential, and the adequate torque numbers are awesome.

the reason they are under estimated (and if stock engine rightfully so) is the stock engine and trans suck...lol

Tranny...definitely, the engine, eh baseline hp...yeah, but it has the tq numbers to match. Granted, it's turboed, but I think they are in the same class as rsx and other rivalry Hondas.

So how would this compare to the 505zoom intake manifold in terms of power?
Baby steps fellas. Manifold hasn't been produced yet

Well said! Give me a few weeks to get a manifold made and in my hands, I don't want to throw around numbers - we'll just see what it can do.

Are you sure about that CEL fix, cuz I don't think that's enough to keep the CEL from being tripped. But if it is, then count me in.. I just don't want the CEL.. I could care less about whether the EGR is actually functional or not.

Interested, but not without EGR... so all good...

So are people trying to avoid the CEL or do you guys actually want / need EGR? It will definitely raise the price, but if its NEEDED it can be added.

more options would be great. these cars are a blast to drive and they are slowly dying out.

I'm working on exactly this. Plus If I can get an exhaust manifold together I'd be able to offer a pretty sweet complete turbo setup for all the NA FS powered cars.

The EGR is needed. I have mine deleted with the 505 manifold and I get some issues from a cold start up.

EGR it is... Thats a shame because I was really shooting for around $350. Right now I'm working on production costs. Hopefully I'll have a proto manifold in about 4 weeks and a complete production ready setup within a week of that. I'll keep everyone posted, but there's only 2 weeks of the FIRST robots build season and we have a lot to do. Robots247 :)

Would it be sort of easier to design the intake with EGR and then the same basic design with it deleted as a second run? Or for the numbers to have one design with it and then offer a block off plate for those wanting to delete?

Back