GI: 505 Intake Manifold Round 3

Uhm. Yeah I can probably do that... wait wtf why?

Want to put a FS-DE engine into an MX5 (Miata). I have a couple of options, one is a B18 manifold which has its own issues (port spacing), custom manifold like yours or ITBs.

Nah just when you rotate a FS 90 degrees so the tranny is at the back, the throttle body faces the firewall.

Ohhh sick!!!!! ��

Should be good.

IDK I think I would rather have a BP in a Miata...

I'd rather have a 2 or 2.1 litre BP-4W as well but I have this engine sitting around so why not use it:
Custom Weisco ~12:1 Pistons with 21mm wristpin.
3SGTE Rods
3SGTE Oversized Bearings
Modified Crank to Suit Bearings (i.e. tighter tolerances all round) + Achieve thicker bearings.
Modified Head - 5 Angle Valve Job, Blending, Ported and Knife-Edged Intake Ports, Ported and Knife-Edged Exhaust Ports.
Twiggy Cams
Adaptronic e440D
DocB Racing Oil Pump
Peterson Pressure Release Valve
Modified MBSP for Oil Return
Oil Filter Relocation Kit:
- Works Engineering Oil Adapters
- Aeroflow AN10 Fittings All Round
- Aeroflow Black Tubing
Focus Adjustable Cam Gears
MSP Oil Cooler
Stant Low Temperature Thermostat
RR Racing UDP
Fidanza Flywheel - 7.5lb
Custom NPC 760kg Clutch

There's no replacement for displacement... so a well built FS-DE will flow more than a BP-T and be as much reliable.

So far 175whp. Flat lines at 6800 rpm. With the addition of a better intake and a custom header (which is required unfortunatley) and shitload lighter rims. I'm hoping to get about 185-190whp.

Not sure what it will make on E85 but ill throw that at it too in the hope of cracking 200whp :)

Interesting? Which motor can spin more RPMs (undersquare/oversquare) and truly push more air thorough it with out comping apart VS. a practical/usable power band utilizing this intake? That is under a NA or FA setting in a RWD application, of course.

BPs stock can spin to about 7800 rpm, same as a FP.

FS start dieing around 7400 rpm stock. Longer rods mean that I'm willing to rev it out to 7800 rpm. By no means will it out rev a heavily modifed BP which can spin to around 9k in race spec. Or 8200 comfortably on a good street build.

But the extra stroke gives me a great torque curve, the light weight engine gear, UDP and Flywheel make the thing spin up crazy and its just super linear.

pretty sure iracemine has a V2 mani on his NA race P5 and has noticeable gains

Yep.

A nice thing would be a 505zoom fabbed manifold for N/A engines... ITBs is what I'm talking about!

Havent ruled it out. But its all dollars and unfortunatley it all has to come from overseas (parts that is), and with the AUD parts have gotten about 30% more expensive in a matter of months. That 1600 dollar ITB system you'd been saving for is now just shy of 2100 dollars.

That plus the requirement of a custom header :( (Was going to use a BP item slightly modifed to fit).

Interesting. Checking out his thread seemed vaguely familiar, but I think that's because I saw it back before he even talked about doing the swap. Very cool. That setup is really sick though, and I think those cams played a big part on him getting power from my manifold. I doubt many NA setups out there can pull like that.

Me or iracemine?

We actually make fairly similiar power. Would be interesting to plot the curves against each other :)

well its a no brainer if youre commited to a high power NA build, youll do all the normal mods like cams, valves, head work, higher compression, better flow both intake and exhaust to gain the power and every little bit helps when it comes to NA builds.

Yeah. The wallet feels it as well.

Unsure how but the SP20 build really didnt cost that much. Granted i had some good parts to begin with, but thats just prudent buying.

The miata build is going to sting a little.

Want to put a FS-DE engine into an MX5 (Miata). I have a couple of options, one is a B18 manifold which has its own issues (port spacing), custom manifold like yours or ITBs.

I've been kicking around the idea of flanging the lower half of this thing for ITB's for years. I'd definitely get it going if we could get at least a few people interested.

Me or iracemine?

iracemine's.

We actually make fairly similiar power. Would be interesting to plot the curves against each other :)

Definitely. I'm sure you'd see similar gains. Also, not sure if you missed my post on the last page but this is something to consider:

505zoom said:
I can even do a full one-off if he needs the TB entry to be different for whatever piping route he comes up with.

:)

A-car-hit-the-office-building-I-work-in-yesterday-Came-to-work-to-and-found-this_zpsxc8vysex.jpg

Top part is the EGR thing? (I guess it will be possible to order without this?!)

The only things missing now are runners and plenum... cant wait to see the new plenum!

So when do you think this would be done? the reason why I ask is because I will have the full amount for the intake manifold on September 1st but before then I won't be able to buy it

Back