6. msp03micablack
7. TX Speed Demon (No EGR) Ready to pay in full
8. Whitenred - (egr) ready to pay in full
9. Paniaguae640 READY
10. Stiki (EGR, bare) READY 5/23
11. Gabi
12. dizer
13. Ride0012*
14. mazda_sp20 - ready to pay in full (EGR)
15. jumaaneface
16. DOMO*
17. Junya1985(EGR)
18. mazdaastina1999 (No EGR) - Ready To Pay In Full
19. 03.5MSP (no EGR)
20. SSBryan (EGR)

With the complexity of the new main flange plus other improvements and cost of material going up, it's going to be up a little from the 1st/2nd gen manis... probably about 950 give or take a little.

As for where we're at on it...

I have a new guy working on the modeling as of last week, since the guy that was doing it before is working a new job full time and going to school full time and just hasn't been able to get anything done for me lately.

It's pretty much there model-wise, but the machinist still had some issues while cutting the latest prototype main flange and needs some changes made before production can start. There is still an issue with the area underneath the fuel rail mounts where the tooling needed to make the cut won't fit without going to the 5-axis. So this new guy is going to make some changes and we'll try again.

Everything else (floor plate / velocity stacks, TB flange, throttle cable bracket, vac fittings) are all modified for the 3rd gen setup and ready to go... it's just that pesky main flange that still needs some final tweaking.

I am hoping this new guy gets things done pronto (we are meeting again mid next week), and we cut a final bug-free prototype before the end of the month.

Is that manifold tested on a flow bench? How are we sure that every cylinder gets same amount of air while boosting +25psi ?

i just hope for better exchange rate

dont have much saving these days... dump all of my money into a junkyard msp and 3" custom exhaust

and dont wanna put myself on the list yet, but i am interested.

Also one more question; what is the due date to pay/get in the GB?

I think I'll be able to get in because the MFactory gears GB is pretty long to get done.

Last edited:
some photoes /updates might help redbull this GB

i kept spending my money elsewhere... hard to get money ready if the GB is going to happen

Manifold will be flow tested digitally.

No idea what the exchange rates are these days. :)

Due date will be after all prototyping bugs and production details are worked out.

Plenum shape is going to have rounded corners.

Photos and updates are coming real soon. Working on the manifold stuff this week.

No money until things are ready to roll... I hate taking deposits super early on stuff.

I hope the new plenum model is gonna be tougher than the old model. My friend blew his 505IM with just a little GT2860RS.

received_1611872245692780_zpscheuz0rk.jpeg~320x480

This has been a complicated one since the owner only speaks French and I don't, but I want to address this one here openly so people aren't left wondering what's going on.

Most importantly, I want to say that the manifold in the picture above will be taken care of and it will be back on the road ASAP.

With that said, what happened to it is definitely not normal, and I am very sorry/sad to see it. I will need to get more details once it gets back here before I can say with any certainty what exactly happened. From the pic I was sent of the damage, I would have initially guessed that a nitrous backfire caused it to open up like that. From what I gather though, the car isn't running nitrous... just mid 20's boost.

The plenum thickness on V3 was already being bumped up to .125 (from .100 on V1 and V2), which will certainly stiffen the plenum, but sadly there's nothing I can do to make it completely invincible to everything that can happen on the very high power setups.

Last edited:
Getting closer.

Plenum thickness is also being bumped up to .187 instead of .125, which will make it pretty much bomb proof.

I hope this will be further investigated as I'm looking for 400+

I was not able to investigate any further, as the owner of the manifold took it to a shop to have a quick fix done instead of sending it back. I totally understand since he needed the car back on the road immediately, but I was disappointed that I couldn't get it back here to make sure it was fixed properly and put the bracing cage on it (that we've done for some of the higher power setups in the past).

With that said, the problem is fairly simple. The .100 thick plenum is prone to failure when running high boost and/or nitrous. Bumping it up to .187 will make it harder to form, but once it's set and welded it isn't going anywhere. I am confident that the new design will hold up to anything that we can throw at it.

Oh and I am very seriously considering not offering a EGR hookup at all. I am looking into a workaround for the CEL instead. I know that some of you have said that no EGR was a deal breaker, but the problems with it outweigh the benefits by far.

If I can't figure out a workaround for the CEL I will stick with the new design on the EGR block/flange, but with the plenum now getting rounded up top, there isn't very much room to add additional surface area to the block. This means that I can't do what I was planning, which was to move the inlet hose off of the side of the block to the face, and in turn enable the block to be made significantly thinner.

As an analogy, this problem is like tipping over a glass of water. The old block had a very small contact area with the plenum, and the weight of the EGR valve (actually pretty hefty) was hung out there relatively far away since the block was pretty thick. This puts a lot of stress on the point where the block meets the plenum, and we've had a few come back after vibrations over time made the block start to peel away. Doing a combo of making the block not as thick/tall and increasing the surface area should fix this, especially with the thicker plenum material.

However, since there isn't really enough room on the new design to do what I was planning, the best we can do is increase the surface area by about 30%. This might fix the problem since the plenum thickness will be increased so much, but I can't say for certain.

So yeah, hopefully the EGR system can be tricked and we can just delete it altogether. It would honestly be the best solution.

Last edited:
Back