GI: 505 Intake Manifold Round 3

Cant see why you cant just bolt a few bike carbs in some silicone couplers straight to this. Injectors already there. Maf is biggest issue.

CIMG6146.jpg

Yep, my Megasquirt had a built in MAP sensor when I used to have the MS1 processor. But I upgraded to a MS2 processor witch is much more precise and also got a 3 BAR external MAP sensor so it's closer to the engine and gets me a more accurate reading. But still, I think the best way with ITBs would be to have small nipples on each runners with vacuum hoses merging to the MAP sensor with an inline paper filter to regulate the signal.

I know you must use a small vacuum expansion tank with ITBs because you wont have enough vacuum with ITBs for the brake booster... but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to put the MAP sensor plugged in that tank?!?!

Last I heard, he was waiting on fabricator to finish up and ship him the manifold for testing.

Looking more and more like the plenum is going to stay square. Since the first way of doing it failed, I've come up with 3 different alternatives, and all of them have their own issues. I think the only way to make it work/fit right and still look clean would be to just machine the whole plenum from a single piece of billet, which would make the price absolutely skyrocket.

I've found some square 6061 tubing with a massive .25" wall thickness that would fit the bill perfectly. That stuff would make it easy to keep the optimized internal volume that we had on the 1st/2nd gen, and should keep things within the existing budget.

It would still have to be milled to create the taper for the top and the end cap, take out one side for the floor/stacks, and make the 45* for the TB flange, but that shouldn't cost much more than the fab work I had already budgeted for the round/sheet style. It would also cut down on production time since there would be virtually no fab work left at all at that point. Just weld the components up and get it off to finishing.

I hate to do it because I was really looking forward to the rounded style, but at this point I really think it's the best overall option. The square style has already been proven to perform great on the first 2 batches, and it'll keep this thing from dragging out for what could be several more months.

Back