XEDE Engine Management System Available Soon!!!

jcgemt2003 said:
When will the harness be available and how much more will it cost? For a $1,0000 it should be pretty damn cheap if not free. Im sure that there is enough of a profit margin in there that it could be included right?

for $10000? sure we will include it ;) j/k, know you meant 1k not 10k. depending on how much the connectors cost we'll hopefully be able to include it. depends all on what kind of price can be secured on these connectors from mazda, et al

skylinemonster said:
WHEN IS THE XEDE GOING TO BE AVAILABLE SIR? I HAD THE XEDE ON MY EVO VIII THAT I PURCHASED FROM VISHNU. I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS AND HOW EASY I COULD FLASH DIFFERENT BASE MAPS DEPENDING ON WHAT OCTANE I FELT LIKE USING AT THE TIME. I THINK THE POTENTIAL OF THIS VEHICLE WILL BE A LITTLE BETTER. DISI IS REALLY MAKING THE MS6 QUITE A TORQY S.O.B. AND REALIABLE AT THE SAME TIME. I CURRENTLY HAVE A MAGNAFLOW CATBACK EXHAUST THAT I JUST LOVE, AND PLAN ON GETTING THE ATP DOWNPIPE WHEN THEY RELEASE THE CEL MODULE TO CORRECT NO CAT. AFTER DRIVING AN EVO FOR A LONG TIME, AND RUNNING MID/HIGH 12'S WITH IT AS A DAILY DRIVER, THE MS6 FEELS ALMOST THERE. JUST MISSING SOME MODERATE TO AGGRESSIVE MAPPING.

we are hopefully starting shipping next week on these units

Captain KRM P5 said:
for $10000? sure we will include it ;) j/k, know you meant 1k not 10k. depending on how much the connectors cost we'll hopefully be able to include it. depends all on what kind of price can be secured on these connectors from mazda, et al

we are hopefully starting shipping next week on these units

GREAT TO HEAR THAT. HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER OR IS THERE A SITE I SHOULD BE LOOKING AT?

skylinemonster said:
GREAT TO HEAR THAT. HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER OR IS THERE A SITE I SHOULD BE LOOKING AT?
http://mazda3online.web.aplus.net/product_info.php?cPath=22_160&products_id=715

caps.jpg

Sounds nice.
Being from Texas myself, where is Xede?

The pnp harness seems to be in high demand, I hope it comes through.

MS6 Alan said:
Sounds nice.
Being from Texas myself, where is Xede?

The pnp harness seems to be in high demand, I hope it comes through.

Vishnu /XEDE is actually in Cali. BEGi, the ones who developed the XEDE on the MSM and MS3 are in texas.
BEGi
203 Kestrel Drive
Spring Branch, TX 78070

Phone: 830-438-2890
Fax: 830-438-8361

Grodzman said:
Why is this thing so expensive?

Greddy E-Manage - $300
APEX'i AFC Neo - $350
Greddy E-Manage Ultimate - $510
Hondata S300 - $590
Cobb AccessPORT v2 - $695

This isn't a standalone replacement unit, right? Also, does it come with software for modifying the base maps (ignition, timing, fuel, etc...) and datalogging?

From what I've read, this is a complete kit.

Most of the time, thoses prices do not include needed harnesses, or needed software. I've owned 3 out of the 5 you listed. In the end, you usually end up spending $800+.

Last edited:
cobb accessport doesn't need anything else besides an hour on a dyno...which is always a need when you get some sort of ems.

RevLimitLaunch said:
cobb accessport doesn't need anything else besides an hour on a dyno...which is always a need when you get some sort of ems.
wrong. If you want to do any sort of tuning on your own, IE NOT using their supplied maps, you have to pay another $150~ to purchase the software.

This kit doesn't need any dyno tuning, correct? I think its a pretty fair price. I don't really know much about Cobb, so I can't say much about that.

redrims said:
This kit doesn't need any dyno tuning, correct? I think its a pretty fair price. I don't really know much about Cobb, so I can't say much about that.
No, not unless you plan on adding more to the car. Minor things like intakes etc shouldnt require a dyno tune. Just a drive and adjust as you go. The software is free to download from the BEGi site. You can go ahead and download it now to see just how easy it is to use.

The map that comes with the XEDE will be tuned for a stock speed 3 with no mods.

As more people get the XEDE and tune it, there will be more maps available to download.

I will be doing alot of tuning myself and posting results and maps as soon as I get my XEDE.

I wanna a buy mine with a map for the speed6.....I know there isnt much difference but I dont care. Who knows....there maybe something in the speed6 ecu thats not in the speed3.

I saw photos today of the MS6 ECU. The exterior and connectors are all different from every other Mazda out there.
Stephanie

ahhhh when is there gonna be a sort of plug and play harness?? i want the xede unit wicked bad....but like i posted (like a broken record lol) no wire tapping for me as that warranty of mine won't like seeing s*** hacked up lol.

RevLimitLaunch said:
ahhhh when is there gonna be a sort of plug and play harness?? i want the xede unit wicked bad....but like i posted (like a broken record lol) no wire tapping for me as that warranty of mine won't like seeing s*** hacked up lol.
If you consider splicing in spade taps 'hacked' up.. .

yes very much. i don't have the best of luck when it comes towards warranties. so tapping in those wires will end up screwing me over and i already know it. which is the only thing stopping me...but maybe, hopefully, eventually the sand will release from my snatch lol.

RevLimitLaunch said:
yes very much. i don't have the best of luck when it comes towards warranties. so tapping in those wires will end up screwing me over and i already know it. which is the only thing stopping me...but maybe, hopefully, eventually the sand will release from my snatch lol.
I would say...spread your legs and let your balls drop.....but Im not splicn s*** either....so when the plug comes with it or is available...then Ill letm drop.

well i guess there's a few others that are with us as well. the extra money for the xede is definitely not a problem, i'd 100% rather it over any other unit for the car. but you know....(pissed)

Back