XEDE Engine Management System Available Soon!!!

Nothing can be confirmed at this point. However, Units should still be availalble and we will look at Shiv's new stuff.
Stephanie

I am also in contact with the main company, ChipTorque. I will keep you updated.

Im freekn out here....I just orderd mine from Ken about 2 weeks ago and since then all this other crap is goin down with throttle control and not being able to add fuel...not to mention the guy whos supposodly the backing or whatever he is (shiv) sounds like hes backn out....4drhtrd is pulln the plug and for a $1000 I feel like I should have waited till all this s*** is squared away....

jcgemt2003 said:
Im freekn out here....I just orderd mine from Ken about 2 weeks ago and since then all this other crap is goin down with throttle control and not being able to add fuel...not to mention the guy whos supposodly the backing or whatever he is (shiv) sounds like hes backn out....4drhtrd is pulln the plug and for a $1000 I feel like I should have waited till all this s*** is squared away....

hey, i'll give you a call later this evening or if you like you can call my cell phone and we'll get things squared away for you.

4DRHTRD said:
Please read the following, reading the post from Shiv and the very first post from XEDE.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=691828#post691828
Read Shiv's post in the middle of the page. Make sure to read all the posts between Shiv and XEDE...
Am I reading this wrong or is Shiv walking away from XEDE???
Also Vishnu is blowing out the XEDE's on their web page at well below retail.
http://www.vishnutuning.com/XEDE_SALE.htm
hey, not trying to point fingers here, but i just want to clarify something about the XEDE.

i heard you are having problems maxing out the MAF voltage. if thats the case, thats not the XEDE's fault per se, just the nature of the factory mass air sensor. any MAF tuned system is going to run into this issue, even CP-E's unless they are tuning from the MAP sensor instead. it should be possible to switch the input, easily even, from the MAF to a MAP sensor for the XEDE and give you more range than what your factory sensor allows. if you're pushing more boost than what that MAF sensor allows for in its measly 4 to 5 volts (which i am sure 22+psi on a much larger turbo would be), then thats not the fault of the hardware, just a limitation of the vehicle sensor input being used.

i am betting this is why you want the osciiliscope, i guess i am just confused as to what you intend to do with the signals once you have obtained them. run a larger MAF sensor? let me know what your thoughts are as I would like to help get you where you need to be without starting from scratch.

edit - read last few pages of your turbo kit install thread and i understand a little better now, you're not looking to use the MAF sensor to tune the car.

Last edited:
Captain KRM P5 said:
hey, i'll give you a call later this evening or if you like you can call my cell phone and we'll get things squared away for you.
AHHH....feel much better now...great talk Ken....Thanks!(rockon)

Captain KRM P5 said:
hey, not trying to point fingers here, but i just want to clarify something about the XEDE.

i heard you are having problems maxing out the MAF voltage. if thats the case, thats not the XEDE's fault per se, just the nature of the factory mass air sensor. any MAF tuned system is going to run into this issue, even CP-E's unless they are tuning from the MAP sensor instead. it should be possible to switch the input, easily even, from the MAF to a MAP sensor for the XEDE and give you more range than what your factory sensor allows. if you're pushing more boost than what that MAF sensor allows for in its measly 4 to 5 volts (which i am sure 22+psi on a much larger turbo would be), then thats not the fault of the hardware, just a limitation of the vehicle sensor input being used.

i am betting this is why you want the osciiliscope, i guess i am just confused as to what you intend to do with the signals once you have obtained them. run a larger MAF sensor? let me know what your thoughts are as I would like to help get you where you need to be without starting from scratch.

edit - read last few pages of your turbo kit install thread and i understand a little better now, you're not looking to use the MAF sensor to tune the car.
Read up on the 335i forums on how the Proceed piggyback controls their cars and you'll understand how a DI car should be tuned. Now add in that Mazda deemed it necessary to also close the throttle plate and you'll see that the XEDE doesn't have enough PWM or analog in/outs to do the job. That's probably what Shiv found when doing the 335 and that's why he had his own piggyback made.

Wonder if Shiv will bother making a Procede (his new unit) for the Speed6 guys now. . . seems he is going to become a DI guru - which we seem to be very short of.

Gandalf said:
Wonder if Shiv will bother making a Procede (his new unit) for the Speed6 guys now. . . seems he is going to become a DI guru - which we seem to be very short of.

I like the way that sounds.

The Xede is still available. When the Procede is released for the Mazda Application, we will include the speed 6 too. I would not expect it before May/June sometime.
Stephanie

4DRHTRD said:
Read up on the 335i forums on how the Proceed piggyback controls their cars and you'll understand how a DI car should be tuned. Now add in that Mazda deemed it necessary to also close the throttle plate and you'll see that the XEDE doesn't have enough PWM or analog in/outs to do the job. That's probably what Shiv found when doing the 335 and that's why he had his own piggyback made.

i read the posts and honestly i'm not 100% in agreement with it. in regards to how anything should or could be tuned, its always a matter of opinion more than it is fact. people know i am more pro-MAP tuning than I am MAF, however i recognize there is value in some MAF systems.

we are talking to chip torque (makers of the current XEDE) and the newer hardware coming out will have more inputs/outputs to do the job, and should plug into the existing harness as an upgrade. we're pursuing that along with a plug and play standalone which will be another option.

every system that releases for this car we hope to support one way or another. we are in the mindset to treat every system as an alternative and let the customer decide based on the merits and drawbacks of each one.

Back