Why cant i do this???

ok so explain to me how i can do it for $300 im not stupid people just make everything more confusing left to my own devices i could do it, my big problem is i have no tools.

TheMAN said:
how come I get the feeling he won't be replying to this thread like all n00bs?

nooooo...... i wasnt going to reply cuz everyone was talking crap out there ass about nothing that had to do with this thread, thanks :)

kableguy said:
ok so explain to me how i can do it for $300 im not stupid people just make everything more confusing left to my own devices i could do it, my big problem is i have no tools.

Simply put, you can't.

Yes, I got my turbo and manifold used for exactly 300 dollars. I still spent 4k dollars on my turbo setup, and that was just to get up and running at 7psi with an intercooler. Plus, Yashar was crazy to let that turbo go for 225, just as snowblazin was crazy to let that manifold go for 75 :)

I think I price out how much I spent on "the basics": turbo, manifold, ecu, intercooler with piping.. total for all that just under 1k dollars.

Then I needed a downpipe, gauges, wideband, boost controller, tons of nuts, bolts, gaskets, etc.. yeah

allllrighty then, question ANSWERED, the dream is dead!!! for now. But this just means im going to get that cash and do a supercharger build and do it right. i cant wait, i wish money grew on trees :(

kableguy said:
allllrighty then, question ANSWERED, the dream is dead!!! for now. But this just means im going to get that cash and do a supercharger build and do it right. i cant wait, i wish money grew on trees :(
I wouldn't go right ahead and say your dream is dead. You just have to be patient and know how to spot a deal when you see one. Hell, I was able to get my turbo, ECU and exhaust manifold for about $500. I can guarantee you that all the parts for my build did not add up to more than $2000 (note that this does not include the purchase and installation of my clutch and flywheel). It's funny because it is hard for me to point oout parts on my car that were not previously used. I just waited and waited until a good deal presented itself and then I jumped on it.

magnumP5 said:
I wouldn't go right ahead and say your dream is dead. You just have to be patient and know how to spot a deal when you see one. Hell, I was able to get my turbo, ECU and exhaust manifold for about $500. I can guarantee you that all the parts for my build did not add up to more than $2000 (note that this does not include the purchase and installation of my clutch and flywheel). It's funny because it is hard for me to point oout parts on my car that were not previously used. I just waited and waited until a good deal presented itself and then I jumped on it.

ya i dont mean completly dead, just the turbo thing, and im glad it is. turbo vs s/c, supercharger is SEXXXXXXX everything about it, the power, the response, best of all the SOUND!!! nothing like it, no anoying bov, just that whine you hear from a distance that makes everyone turn there head because they "know" something fast is coming. Mmmmmm i cant wait!! (smoke)

crushing another dream of yours lol. THERE IS NO SUPERCHARGER FOR THE PROTEGE. there was only one made and it wasn;t mass produced. also you have to loose your ac to install it!!

GhostMercury said:
crushing another dream of yours lol. THERE IS NO SUPERCHARGER FOR THE PROTEGE. there was only one made and it wasn;t mass produced. also you have to loose your ac to install it!!
Yep, I just didn't want to say that myself. But you won't necessarily lose our A/C - it just depends upon what type of supercharger you go with. But yes, this is no direct kit for the Protege...

kableguy said:

The SC will cost more because you will basically have to build it yourself..

Check out the garage on Cardomain... I am a man who knows first hand what I'm talking about..

http://www.cardomain.com/id/BRIANMP5T

If you shop around and know what your are doing it can be done cheap fast and reliable...

Im into my setup for about $300. So far i got MSP manifold/s/j pipe, and ecu. I plan on getting ebay IC piping (its cheap and does the job) Im gonna shop around for a front Mount (again ebay is good enuf), fab up a 1g dsm bov and grab a boost guage. I got some coolent lines already. Gonna drill the bedplate for oil return instead of the pan (MSP Style).

When all is said and done i shoudl be under the $1000 mark and thats canadian.....Mind you this isnt the first turbo project ive done/worked on or owned.

BWHAHAHAHAHAH, u obviously haven't looked hared enough because i found a great one that bolts right on as the intake manifold ive even posted it up here, no turbo for me, sorry you cant talk me into it, the supercharger will rock your world, not to mention i dont want to go 250km/h, but i would like to get to 100km in a very short period of time. lol (shady) I will do this, i wish i had the money now and i would do it asap so i could show it off on this site!
thanks for the replies, very constructive and thought worthy(smoke)

GhostMercury said:

If you can get that to work, I know a BUNCH of people who would be very interested.

Are you sure that company still makes the kit though? I guess you could always try and find one used from 626/MX-6 people but why would they ever want to sell that beauty!

we could start another womp deal going here (nervous) lol everyone chips in and ill get this s*** started and then buy all the turbos in bulk so everyone saves money, maybe even make a "protege" specific s/c kit and start selling it then split all profit between the "share" holders, lmao, just throwing it out there (eyeballs)

BWHAHAHAHAHAH, u obviously haven't looked hared enough because i found a great one that bolts right on as the intake manifold ive even posted it up here, no turbo for me, sorry you cant talk me into it, the supercharger will rock your world, not to mention i dont want to go 250km/h, but i would like to get to 100km in a very short period of time. lol I will do this, i wish i had the money now and i would do it asap so i could show it off on this site!
thanks for the replies, very constructive and thought worthy

and where is a link to the "Supercharger" that will bolt rite on. you sound like a 17 year old kid that has watched Fast and The Furious to much. you obviously know nothing about modding a car. you ask a stupid question to start out then you say, "well because im soooo cool i found a supercharger and it will bolt rite on" yea ok, and im sure 50% of this forum has looked for a supercharger and found nothing. yes there was the womp, but only 1 person has it i believe. so post this so said "link" of yours

Last edited:
GhostMercury said:
and where is a link to the "Supercharger" that will bolt rite on. you sound like a 17 year old kid that has watched Fast and The Furious to much. you obviously know nothing about modding a car. you ask a stupid question to start out then you say, "well because im soooo cool i found a supercharger and it will bolt rite on" yea ok, and im sure 50% of this forum has looked for a supercharger and found nothing. yes there was the womp, but only 1 person has it i believe. so post this so said "link" of yours

www.boosthead.com

productimage130-full.jpg

productimage129-full.jpg

Dunno if it is still manufactured or not though.. was originally offered for the 626/MX-6/Probe

Back