Yes a 2023 CX-5 Oil Change Thread

so use roki or thailand oe filters......where are the mv value ones sold?......just to make sure to avoid those
Service centers will sell the value ones. You just need to pay attention to the part number, use the Thai made part number and not the —MV value line one.

Yeah, see, that's why dealer can keep their "free" oil changes...that and i don't trust dealership work. I will most likely buy bulk thai ones or keep finding roki ones.

I did score a PE01-14-302B roki oil filter before finding the package deal.....is that the high flow oe you are referencing? If so I will use that one. Only found singles for $14 or 10 packs for more than $100. the one that came with oil is oe but not same part number and i think said made in thailand instead of japan.
View attachment 323832
So where did you get Tokyo Roki PE01-14-302B oil filter installed at factory for the 2.5L NA? You can only get OEM Thai made Denso 1WPE-14-302 and Mexican made “Value Product” PE01-14-302A-MV at Mazda dealers in the US. And yes, Mazda dealers will use MV filter for your oil change unless you specifically ask for a Thai filter.

0B1ED27E-254D-4BA4-8E9B-E93204A1A351.jpeg

4C3529A2-F7A9-43A8-96EA-D77ABDCD99BA.jpeg

Found roki on ebay....single for $14 shipped or 10 packs ranging from $110-150
Are you getting those Tokyo Roki oil filters from OEM parts seller partsouq.com located in Sharjah, north of Dubai, United Arab Emirates?

Last edited:
so use roki or thailand oe filters......where are the mv value ones sold?......just to make sure to avoid those
Most dealers seem to have this value line stuff in stock-- which some use it to increase the profit margin on shop work- or on special offers / others sell it without a word about any choice -- again --Caveat Emptor-

I found a 7-pack ( Roki Japan OE Mazda ) of the PE01-14- 302B- ( replaces 302A -naturally aspirated 2.5 ) with 7 gaskets $65.99 and 10 w/o gaskets $88
I ordered the 7-pack with tax $70 -- funny its a Toyota parts distributer !
oh yeah, remember that 7 pack from miami but didn't notice from toyota dealer, lol.....just wasn't sure about that many since we don't pile miles up fast anymore. Had car since july 4th and just now at 2500 miles. 7 pack better deal for sure tho.

Most dealers seem to have this value line stuff in stock-- which some use it to increase the profit margin on shop work- or on special offers / others sell it without a word about any choice -- again --Caveat Emptor-
You have to ask for the "good stuff"...

This’s what the 2023 Mazda CX-5 owner’s manual says:

View attachment 323212
View attachment 323213
View attachment 323214

Based on mostly highway driving by the OP, it’s hard to be qualified as “severe driving conditions”. The best is to follow Mazda’s recommendation and use “Flexible” OCI which can be used in normal and severe driving conditions. And the maximum OCI by “Flexible” is 12 months or 7,500 miles.

IMO any current synthetic oils can handle 7,500 miles of service under most driving conditions. There’re too many UOA reports can support that. Considering Toyota has been using 10,000-mile OCI under any driving conditions with a super-thin 0W-16 oil for many years you should feel Mazda’s oil change interval at 7,500 miles is pretty conservative.
I wouldn't go 12 months on an oil change, maybe 6 months max, definitely wouldn't do 10k miles.

oh yeah, remember that 7 pack from miami but didn't notice from toyota dealer, lol.....just wasn't sure about that many since we don't pile miles up fast anymore. Had car since july 4th and just now at 2500 miles. 7 pack better deal for sure tho.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) I cant find OE filters for less -- and the Roki is even less than the Thailand OE at the lowest price I could find - so they had me on the $65/ for 7 & 7...- it was an impulse purchase with all this parts shortage garbage and price jacking- type in PE01-14-302B
in the search and there it is --- if you have a T the filters $ look pretty good too -- I consider " we" need to fight back on these dealers that keep trying to quadruple stroke parts prices -- and buy where we can save $ and send a message-

Last edited:
I wouldn't go 12 months on an oil change, maybe 6 months max, definitely wouldn't do 10k miles.

I have more than one vehicle and I try to drive them all during the year. I don't accumulate enough miles over 12 months to change the oils according to what the manufacturers call for, distance wise. So, I change the oils once every 12 months.

The CX gets driven the most and still I was under 5k miles. Since I'm retired, I don't have to go to work and those are all leisure miles.

I have more than one vehicle and I try to drive them all during the year. I don't accumulate enough miles over 12 months to change the oils according to what the manufacturers call for, distance wise. So, I change the oils once every 12 months.

The CX gets driven the most and still I was under 5k miles. Since I'm retired, I don't have to go to work and those are all leisure miles.
Same here. I wait the wrench indicator with “Oil change due” message displayed and change the oil on our 2016 CX-5 which is less than 4K miles but at 12 months interval since 2020.

did oil change yesterday, ez. glad not to have to mess with cartridge/element mess like on the rav4 but where do you reset the wrench after changing oil? went thru manual and all the dang menus on wheel and infotainment and there was nothing that let me reset maintenance interval.

did oil change yesterday, ez. glad not to have to mess with cartridge/element mess like on the rav4 but where do you reset the wrench after changing oil? went thru manual and all the dang menus on wheel and infotainment and there was nothing that let me reset maintenance interval.
Go to main menu - scroll to top
" Information "- enter
Then /. " vehicle status monitor "
enter
" Vehicle maintainence settings "
enter
Choose one of 2 options from menu -
" set service date " or " set next service distance "

done

thanks....now tell me why vehicle maintenance settings is grayed out and won't scroll there. maintenance details has no serviceable settings. also doesn't show miles or date, just dashes. next service shows 2647 miles but date is dashes. Found this yesterday but dunno why it won't allow me to reset it.

does it only allow this after wrench comes on? by then i'll have 2650 miles on new oil.

Last edited:
Alrighty then....figured it out......had to put gauge display on next service and then went into information on infotainment and the maintenance settings selection was lit where i could put next service date on automatic and reset service interval and now shows next service in 7500 miles.

Alrighty then....figured it out......had to put gauge display on next service and then went into information on infotainment and the maintenance settings selection was lit where i could put next service date on automatic and reset service interval and now shows next service in 7500 miles.
On my 2016 CX-5 it’s easy. Just go to infotainment screen to select Maintenance Monitor and hit the “Reset” under “Oil Change” menu. The oil life will be changed to 100% from 0%.

The only thing is you can only do the Reset with the ignition on without engine running.

E698A064-97F9-4466-95B4-3F6651971D09.jpeg

FE75BF94-F700-4477-852B-193A614FC8AE.jpeg

CDA38F02-4689-4C6B-A7FA-239145410710.jpeg

DBD04F3F-62BB-4C04-B0A5-7BE1C60F7FFA.jpeg

Back