Why cant i do this???

kableguy

Please explain why i cant buy and obx turbo header and a t28 turbo, slap it on with some tubes toss a msp ecu in and go? I KNOW im being very general im just trying to find a very cheap way to make my car just a bit faster. Please tell me why this wont work and what else i would need cuz as of now i can get the turbo and the header for around 300. cheap so far how much more whould i need?

THANXX

Are we talking some POS ebay setup for that price? You get what you pay for man...

I believe the OBX turbo headers have the T3 flange which isnt the same as the T25 flange on the GT28.

As was said. You can't expect Cheap and Turbo in the same car..

Many have tried and failed.

I always point to the GRM $200x Challenge cars whenever someone says that, but the effort, knowledge and fabrication skillz it takes to put a car together that'll run 10s for under $2000 is beyond most of us (including me) lol

kableguy said:
Please explain why i cant buy and obx turbo header and a t28 turbo, slap it on with some tubes toss a msp ecu in and go? I KNOW im being very general im just trying to find a very cheap way to make my car just a bit faster. Please tell me why this wont work and what else i would need cuz as of now i can get the turbo and the header for around 300. cheap so far how much more whould i need?

THANXX

The fact that you're asking a question like that proves you lack the basic understanding of how forced induction works and how to successfully implement it. Doing even the tiniest bit of research on your own would be a good place to start.

edit: However, there's no reason you can't build your own turbo setup on the cheap. You'll still have a good bit of money invested. Look for posts by MP5T, he built his own custom setup that works pretty well.

cheapmiata1600 said:
The fact that you're asking a question like that proves you lack the basic understanding of how forced induction works and how to successfully implement it. Doing even the tiniest bit of research on your own would be a good place to start.

edit: However, there's no reason you can't build your own turbo setup on the cheap. You'll still have a good bit of money invested. Look for posts by MP5T, he built his own custom setup that works pretty well.

yeah, great point

cheapmiata1600 said:
Look for posts by MP5T, he built his own custom setup that works pretty well.

And if you are successful, you can get a sig like his too.. (bowdown)

Brian MP5T said:
MMMmmm,

I suppose nobody cares that she sucks at conversation.. :)

What she lacks in some areas, she makes up in others I guess.. (glare)

but to be on topic. you would still need an intercooler. if you want the MSP SMIC you will need the radiator too. plus all the pipes. if you wana be cheap you can get an ebay one. but then you need a shop to install it. coolant line and oil lines. blow off valve, or bpv, or both. some kind of afc. no matter what you wont get a cheap turbo kit. plus if you ask a question like this you shouldn't turbo anything let alone a protege cause it is to tempermental.

yeah... all this time fools spending Big Money on systems when a clever guy could'a done it hi'self for $300....

yeah. mad HP FTW! I guess i am jes' stoopid.

Back