Switchblade Keyfob

yea my remote didnt work. the key is the right one but i have to get a different remote.

i have a new key coming, i just bought it. fcc id is as follows. and according to prototype5, that is the correct fcc id and ic

FCC ID : KPU41788

IC : 4238A-41788 (4238A41788)

Last edited:
Sorry man...hopefully our KPU41788s will work. Where did you get your key? The cheapest I have seen is about $36 plus shipping from Ricart and Rosenthal Mazda sites. How much did you pay for yours?

Sorry man...hopefully our KPU41788s will work. Where did you get your key? The cheapest I have seen is about $36 plus shipping from Ricart and Rosenthal Mazda sites. How much did you pay for yours?

i spent 63 on the first one and 55 on the second. but im probably gonna sell the first one.
its all good though. i had money in my paypal acount so i didnt really lose anything.
i lost 19 bucks on the second outta my bank account.

Is the second key uncut? I would be interested in buying it from you pending the successful programming of my fob. Let me know!

Is the second key uncut? I would be interested in buying it from you pending the successful programming of my fob. Let me know!

no. thats the only problem. youd have to get a new key or you could take your existing key and mount it in the switchblade assembly. from what ive read its not hard to do.

yea my remote didnt work. the key is the right one but i have to get a different remote.

i have a new key coming, i just bought it. fcc id is as follows. and according to prototype5, that is the correct fcc id and ic

FCC ID : KPU41788

IC : 4238A-41788 (4238A41788)

where did you get that one from?

Well, I've tested and the following

FCC ID KPU41788
IC 4238A-41525
# 41525

does not work for a P5...maybe IC 4238A-41788 will!

Does anyone know how to change batteries in the switchblade remote? I want to verify that is not the problem.

I think that's the one I have...does IC 4238A-41525 only have 3 buttons? I can't find one of these on Ebay anywhere. I really don't want to pay full price for a new one if possible...

Right...the -41525 is a four button, but i think the -41788 is also a four button, but its supposed to work for a P5.

Redpr5 has one that he got from somewhere, but I don't know where if he didn't special order it from the dealer!

Redpr5 has one that he got from somewhere, but I don't know where if he didn't special order it from the dealer!

if it works i might see if i can get ahold of one somewhere.

So far we have:

The FCC ID needs to be # KPU41788 and the IC needs to be # 4238A-41788

correct?

redpr5, when will you get a chance to try this? also, what needs to be done to change out the key? lmk asap plz! :)

the fcc id on my remote is KPU41704. so i dont see how a different one will work... :(

if it works i might see if i can get ahold of one somewhere.

So far we have:

The FCC ID needs to be # KPU41788 and the IC needs to be # 4238A-41788

correct?

This is correct (I THINK!)

the fcc id on my remote is KPU41704. so i dont see how a different one will work... :(

Mine has the same FCC and IC...but earlier in this thread someone who had done some research said the 41788s would work...

ah found it:

KPU41788
4238A-41788

that's what they posted, if that is true, then your remote should work redpr5. what is the 3rd 41788

but the picture he posted only has 3 buttons yet the one w/ that IC has 4....

Last edited:

got a link for the key for that price?

got some good new! i searched mazda-3-forums and found out that the remote NE01675RYA does in fact have those numbers:

FCC ID: KPU41788
IC ID: 4238A-41788
Visteon: 41788

if the fcc id and ic id match, is it possible for the visteon to be different?

:) we are gettin somewhere guys!

Last edited:
Back