Switchblade Keyfob

hopefully its from a 2005, because the part number for that year is the only one that works.

if it doesnt work, ill swap the circuit boards out.
but hopefully it will.

whats the FCC ID for the 05 Remote?

Last edited:
Through some tough cross Forums research you'll need this exact number to match..

Remote - Part # NE01675RYA from a Mazda MX-5 year 2005
Flip Key - Part # G2YA762GXA from a Mazda 3 year 2005

This combination should work for the 3rd Generation Proteges...

Both can be found at Onlinemazdaparts.com for the combined total of about $190.00, plus he can cut your key to fit with your VIN#...

From researching I've found the #'s inside the remote are as follows....

KPU41788
4238A-41788

These should ALL match up and you should be looking at the correct remote part number....

**DISCLAIMER** This is purely information I have gathered and have not actually programmed or used the MX-5 remote.

It has already been figured out...See my last post...You need the 2005 Miata remote and the 2005 Mazda 3 key...that combination has worked with the 3rd Generation proteges...It will cost you almost $200 bucks tho..

It has already been figured out...See my last post...You need the 2005 Miata remote and the 2005 Mazda 3 key...that combination has worked with the 3rd Generation proteges...It will cost you almost $200 bucks tho..

How do you program the remote? Do they charge extra to cut the key to your VIN# at OnlineMazdaParts?

Programming instructions are found in the how to section, search around and you should find it...And from what I know, he will cut the key for you at no extra charge...You could also have it cut at any hardware store if you have the origional key to copy.

Sick. ProtoType5 you're the man!

I'm gonna have to save up for this though, $200 is a lot!! Plus I wanna make sure it works before investing into this. Anyone wanna be the test mule?????

Matt

hey

Ima locksmith so I no 1st hand don't go 2 a hardware store to gets those keys copied. Ther machines aren't calibrated and adjusted correctly for most car keys. That's just my advice.

I'm going 2 see if I oreder my switchkey now for like 20 bucks.

With the proper research and checking you could piece it together for about $100...

ill let yall know how the programming goes with the remote when i get it. and like i said if it doesnt work, ill just swap out the circuit boards and ghetto rig it in there lol
but i think it should work just fine.
will post with results

where are the part numbers located on the inside of the remote?

Last edited:
i googled it and found this :

FCC ID # KPU41701

idk if it's right or not, but it doesn't match the fcc id in the listing for that keyfob :(

FCC ID: OUCG8D335AA comes up as an 05 Mazda Miata on www.keylessride.com
im happy. ill be programming the remote wednesday at work and ill post results. everything should work like a charm

I thought we needed FCC IC KPU41788 from Protege5's post...what's the deal...I have one of these coming, so I am going to test it in the next day or so. Hopefully one of us will get this straightened out!

Back