Bulky CX-5 key fob solution

The difference to me is in your situation you over-used your starter twice as many times than his RAM truck.
OMG I hate this type of reply. Reminds me of old people that say "I don't need power windows! It's just....one more thing to break!" :D
This isn't 1950 anymore. Starters don't die at all on the scale they did before. Anybody near my age surely remembers banging on the starter with a hammer to get it to work. :D
But today? Seriously...have you replaced a starter in any modern vehicle?
Anyone here?
The last time I had to replace a starter in a car was that same car that I had to hit with a hammer: my 1974 Pontiac Firebird.

trust me it is less annoying than having the engine shut off when you open the door,
Impossible to trust you on this when your cars DON'T shut off when you open the door So, how do you know it's all that annoying? Not trying to be a d--- but really: how would you know? Now if I had it the way it should be (I certainly agree it shouldn't shut off) then it would probably be annoying...

Last edited:
Impossible to trust you on this when your cars DON'T shut off when you open the door So, how do you know it's all that annoying? Not trying to be a d--- but really: how would you know? Now if I had it the way it should be (I certainly agree it shouldn't shut off) then it would probably be annoying...
because i own a 2023 cx5 turbo that shuts off when I open the door and I find it annoying. not sure what more I can say. car on left shuts off when open the door...truck on right does not. bike in the middle needs to be pedaled.....I really do not care if you trust me . carry on I guess.
IMG_3386.jpg

Last edited:
That’s the benefit of aftermarket remote starters. I have a EVO-ONE I installed (and have drone mobile so I can use my phone/watch) and I can open the car door and it will remain running. Just press start/stop and off I go.

Ohhhh. My bad. Didn't realize you had one that did work like mine. :D

Latest posts

Back