Switchblade Keyfob

I wouldn't buy any remote from ebay that is not the origional fob...You'll need the key from one car and the fob from another car. This post I origionally put on page 2 or 3 should clear up the numbers....They ALL have to match...Just order the set from www.onlinemazdaparts.com and he'll cut the key for you prior to shipping...

Through some tough cross Forums research you'll need this exact number to match..

Remote - Part # NE01675RYA from a Mazda MX-5 year 2005
Flip Key - Part # G2YA762GXA from a Mazda 3 year 2005

This combination should work for the 3rd Generation Proteges...

Both can be found at Onlinemazdaparts.com for the combined total of about $190.00, plus he can cut your key to fit with your VIN#...

From researching I've found the #'s inside the remote are as follows....

KPU41788
4238A-41788

These should ALL match up and you should be looking at the correct remote part number....

**DISCLAIMER** This is purely information I have gathered and have not actually programmed or used the MX-5 remote.

I wouldn't buy any remote from ebay that is not the origional fob...You'll need the key from one car and the fob from another car. This post I origionally put on page 2 or 3 should clear up the numbers....They ALL have to match...Just order the set from www.onlinemazdaparts.com and he'll cut the key for you prior to shipping...

so someone has tried this and it worked? I kinda lost track of this thread over the holidays

I'm pretty sure RedPR5 was close, but he never did get the right remote. I think we're still waiting for someone to get the right one.

and a couple hundred bucks to pay for it...

and I would advise NOT buying these off ebay...you'll have a hell of a time matching them up...These are the ONLY part numbers that will work...

he just posted some new information about a mazda6 flip fob that would work with the 3's do the same ones that work for the 3's work for the proteges? i just want to make sure people arent confusing which forum they are in

the protege will ONLY work with the MX5 remote that has been posted like 8000000x in this thread now

For The Last Time

I'll post this again so people don't have to read or research or learn on their own...hopefully this will end the questions...for a while...and I already posted this twice in this thread....

Through some tough cross Forums research you'll need this exact number to match..

Remote - Part # NE01675RYA from a Mazda MX-5 year 2005
Flip Key - Part # G2YA762GXA from a Mazda 3 year 2005

This combination should work for the 3rd Generation Proteges...

Both can be found at Onlinemazdaparts.com for the combined total of about $190.00, plus he can cut your key to fit with your VIN#...

From researching I've found the #'s inside the remote are as follows....

KPU41788
4238A-41788

These should ALL match up and you should be looking at the correct remote part number....

**DISCLAIMER** This is purely information I have gathered and have not actually programmed or used the MX-5 remote.

I guess I can confirm that the Visteon one doesn't work. I got a 4 button off eBay and all of the #'s above match, but it's a Visteon and doesn't do anything.

Bummer.

I guess I was under the impression that there was one with the same numbers, but something other than a Visteon.

In that case, I really don't know what's up. All my numbers match and it definitely does not work.

Back