Looking at a CX5 AND RAV4...does anyone here regret buying the CX5? Or the trim level

http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/6308678/2007-mazda-mazda3/
Well...I'm BAAAACK.
You are reading the first post of a brand new CX-5 Owner!
I got the Touring package with the roof rack, and all the normal features without the boze and moonroof.
GF LOVES the backup camera, bluetooth (she matched her Note 2 herself and was quite proud), loves the blind spot sensors...loves just about all of it.
Only ONE big problem...SHE gets to drive it most of the time!
Oh well...guess I will have to settle for tooling around in my 2007 Mazdaspeed 3...
19082060.jpg

brucen:
There's the smaller CUV Mercedes coming out as well - I think its a GLA. It starts in the mid $30's.

Regards:
Oldengineer

GLA250 went on sale earlier in October and based on platform of fwd/AWD CLA.

I've had the 2015 CX-5 Touring AWD since end of March, and have about 12K miles on it. I also test drove the Honda CR-V and Subaru Forester. I have no regrets whatsoever about choosing this vehicle and trimline. I don't like driving in general, but I don't mind it in this car... I even look forward to it. I was very impressed with how it's handled the snow this week (with stock tires). I love the blind-spot monitoring and the back-up camera. The driver's seat is always comfortable. When putting the rear seats down, I have tons of room for Costco runs -- don't need to bring the mini-van. Didn't get the nav system -- I already have a smart phone with GoogleMaps, and that's what I prefer.

Like another poster said, the USB not resuming Ipod playback where it left off is an annoyance, but I can live with that. I can also live with un-pairing and re-pairing the Bluetooth link to my phone every couple of months when it refuses to read my text messages to me. And I've learned not to put my purse in the center console area, lest it fall forward and knock the shifter from D into N.

That said, it fits my three teenagers in the back seat (though not for long trips, and whoever is in the middle complains because of height/leg room issues), it gets great gas mileage (27-29 mpg with mixed driving), it handles well in the snow, it has excellent crash test ratings, and yes, it's fun to drive! Although I would have bought a CR-V if I'd thought it was the better car, it is an ugly car with a big butt, and every time I see one I smile to myself that I'm driving a stylish, sexy looking car and not a CR-V. :) I think the stock radio is fine -- it's worlds better than the radios in our other cars (2005 Hondas, CR-V & Odyssey).

Back