How To: iPod integration w/ Text

Im think i am having the same issue. Every time i turn the radio off either the ipod wont go into axess mode or the radio wont recognize the ipod and nothing will happen when you press the media button. It works after i unplug and replug the box, but this is very annoying because it happens everytime. Did you ever get yours to stop?

wow...sorry i missed this post.

i moved my axxess box to the area next to the shifter and it seems to be working better. I think thats a more stable spot for it. hard to know for sure though.

i have linux on my ipod, so i think this is largely useless to me. i need an aux unit , so i can get an ipod plug with rca's...

FYI to iPhone users:

I just got off the phone with Metra. Apparently the iPhone3G (I assume the same is true of the original iPhone) will not function as a phone (or any other communication device) when it is plugged in. It will only function as an iPod.

No incoming or outgoing calls/txts/etc!! :( There's no way I'm getting this now.

Any iPhone users have a recommendation for the best adaptor?

That is the case no matter what. If you have noticed while you are listening to music/video the phone does not work. Safety issue but something I would think ipod would have worked out so you could use it as a "bluetooth" type set up....

Just did this with an audiolink. Works great! Thanks for the nice writeup!

Edit: With the Audiolink I got off the RPM store full phone function and control remains while playing it in any mode but playlist mode. There is no track text on the LCD, but the steering wheel controls and such do work. I would definitely reccomend the Audiolink to anyone using an iPhone 3G.

Im think i am having the same issue. Every time i turn the radio off either the ipod wont go into axess mode or the radio wont recognize the ipod and nothing will happen when you press the media button. It works after i unplug and replug the box, but this is very annoying because it happens everytime. Did you ever get yours to stop?

Hi I'm having the same problem on my 2007 Mazda 6 MPS (Australian). I simply unplug the axxess device and plug back in again whilst on. I can see the "MD" then shows being "IN" and then I know it is working. Has worked everytime doing it this way. I Only just bought it and for some reason only has firmware v1.2 (not happy) considering v1.4 is out. Shouldn't think i should have to wear the costs to get the cable to australia and upgrade it, when I know (and they know) that there is a problem with the firmware/device.

Does anyone know if v1.4 fixes this or if there is a solution?

Anyone have comments on these devices and how they reacted to the newly-updated iPhone3G operating system (released on 6/17/09)?

Also, has anyone given any of these a try with the new iPhone3GS? I would think they would be the same, but you never know...

So I bought the Axxess today and installed it. The iPod sensed that it was plugged in and started to charge up but would not recognize being connected to the box. Unplugged it, tried another iPod, same thing. I checked and rechecked everything and still nothing. I have a feeling that there's an issue with the actual unit itself. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

yeah, mine does that occasionally. unplug and replug the iPod cord at the unit, not at the iPod. that usually fixes it for me. also sometimes, I'll have to plug in my iPod while listening to radio and then switch to media for it to recognize it properly.

I'll try that today. I'm going to give it another shot since the weather cooled off significantly. I'd really like this to work since I've got a long road trip ahead of me on Friday.

Last edited:
Tried to install it again today doing what you said...no dice. Tried unplugging and replugging all my connectors, checking all my wires, nothing. I did notice that my axxess box doesn't feel secure at all. It comes apart very easily and the circuit board inside moves around so I'm not wondering if it got damaged in shipping. There was no packing material either...

So I bought the Axxess today and installed it. The iPod sensed that it was plugged in and started to charge up but would not recognize being connected to the box. Unplugged it, tried another iPod, same thing. I checked and rechecked everything and still nothing. I have a feeling that there's an issue with the actual unit itself. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

i'm haveing the same problem any ideas on how to fix it?

for anyone else running the Axxess kit with your ipod in a Mazdaspeed6, or Mazda 6 for that matter, does the track forward/track back buttons on either the headunit or the steering wheel give you erratic track/channel selection on your ipod?

Sometimes when I press forward, it skips 2 songs, I press back, it skips back 2. Sometimes when I press forward, it starts playing the next song, but after about 5 seconds of so, it will either go forward again another track, or back.

Very annoying.... especially when you hear a track you like, and you proceed to spend the next 5 minutes trying to "figure out the method" to land exactly on the right track.... very sad...

Metra so far has been very uncooperative, and seems to not want to acknowledge this is an issue with this kit, but I do now have contact information for their head of sales and a senior tech, so I am going to approach them directly at this point.

yeah, the only real issue that i have with it is that it will change from shuffle to standard sometimes on its own. annoying on long road trips.

Latest posts

Back