Bluetooth, USB and Pandora tabs grayed out (2014 CX-9)

Have a 2014 CX-9. Recently my Bluetooth, USB and Pandora tabs are grayed out. In reading up on it it appears the Bluetooth module has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Is this a dealer only thing? Has anyone changed it themselves and if so where did you get the module.

For what that costs, just get a new radio. I like Kenwood, but Alpine, Pioneer, JVC, and Sony also make good stuff.

Whatever you do, do NOT be tempted by those cheap "pure Android" radios that are out there. They're cheap for a reason: you get what you pay for.

Head over to Crutchfield.com and look at their offerings.

Thanks for the input. I also wanted to upgrade to Android auto so I'm going to check with the dealer and see if the upgrade will fix the issue. An aftermarket stereo will be $500 for something good plus install, so it may be similar in cost.

Thanks for the input. I also wanted to upgrade to Android auto so I'm going to check with the dealer and see if the upgrade will fix the issue. An aftermarket stereo will be $500 for something good plus install, so it may be similar in cost.
If you get a radio like my Kenwood that is compatible with the iDataLink Maestro RR (again, Kenwood isn't the only one) not only do you get Andriod Auto, you can even get full gauges, right on the face of the radio.

Attachments

• kenwood.jpg
    kenwood.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 15
Back