Hey Turbo3wagon & kwitski

That is what the dyno guy just advised me of the Rob. :D so, we will have a baselined MSP tomorrow. maybe 2. that would be the mosst beneficial to see how much, if any, diff there is between our 2. :D

Cool.
Could you ask him what SAE standard he is running?
Example:J1349 or J607 etc.
This way we can see what were the "standard" conditions being used.
:)

Will do, Ill get all that tomorrow when I run the dyno. Im gonna get my shift points set while im there for next weeks drags. :D

funnylittlman said:
dyno%20001.jpg

Sorry to steal the thunder from xsivspd, great job by the way, but I was just looking at his dyno.

Take a look at the dip in the line at 3.5K and at 5.5K (which dips all the way to 0)

This is a clear and evident case of something going wrong, don't you think?

I have a feeling (without talking to anyone to verify this) that the dips you see could very well be where the car was fuel cutting.. Remember- when it fuel cuts, power completely dies for a split second then comes back... That is not the mapping you are looking at..
Joe

If you hit fuelcut and stay in it, the MOST likely thing would be to hit fuelcut again.

If MY car was on the dyno and hit fuel cut or any other weird thing the guy best be lifting his foot off the gas, or he's getting a size 13 up his.

Can anyone explain the gaps in the lines? That is a BAD looking dyno run.

SaaBaaDoo said:
what do you look under the yellow pages for??? I'll check around here. Only thing that bothers me, is that sometimes my car is quick, sometimes it is slower than all hell when the turbo kicks in, my luck it would get on the dyno and perform like it should!

Keep the hood open when you dyno it- let fresh, cool(er than under the hood) air in.. The main reason for the sometimes fast sometimes slow crap is the car is way to rich for how hot it gets under the hood.. This is why a CAI helps, but it is not the cure so many claim it to be.. The real problem lies in the mapping. This is also why my FP reduction kit and removing the weather stripping from the back of the hood help keep the car running MUCH more consistently!!!
Joe

boostisgood said:
I got Dyno time tomorrow at www.speednation.com goin out about noon. 75 bucks for up to 10 runs. I will not be modding my car at all tomorrow. the car is stock. He cannot provide me with a printed graph of the A/F, but I can video the second monitor with the A/F mapping on it. I can send this to Mazda, I will also try to get it put to a format to post here. That may not happen till monday evening, as Ill prollly have to get one of the MIS gurus at werk to do it.

Damn, I went today to get mine done and the guy wanted $150 for up to 5 runs. Funk that :)..

I said "must be nice being the only one around with a dyno to be able to charge that, huh" and he had the nerver to try to covince me that it was cheap.. I have dynoed for far less than that several times... Haha- this is the same place that gets like $5.50/lb for nitrous and $15 a gallon for race fuel :wtf: .. Give me a ******* break..
Joe
PS- Oh yeah- I left out the $150 just to turn his welder on and then like $90 an hour after that..

REMillers said:
Actually the outside conditions don't have much impact on some dynos.

SAE corrected takes the outside conditions then computes that againts a "standard" enviromental condition to come up with HP/TQ numbers. They aren't always 100% however it comes pretty close to good conditions.

That works good for cars that run consistently in various temps.. The damn Mazdaspeed falls on it's face when it is hot out, there is no correction for that because the correction does not take into consideration that the car is in poor tune for those conditions..

Make sense? I know what I am trying to say, but it has been a long day and I am tired :).
Joe

Damn that sucks Joe, This is where Ill be taking the car when I start adding my mods. Im gonna start on my heat shield tomorrow. (My uncle has a sheet metal shop, so Im gonna make a jig with sheet metal, then hopefully work some magic with Fiberglass.)

Next friday is Drags at the local track, so Ill put all my mods on for the races, then take em off, re dyno next week (Fathers day present :D ) and add the mods one by one to count the hp gains. Ill hopefully have my 2.5 downpipe and cat eliminator pipe by then too.

I EAT Z3 said:
If you hit fuelcut and stay in it, the MOST likely thing would be to hit fuelcut again.

If MY car was on the dyno and hit fuel cut or any other weird thing the guy best be lifting his foot off the gas, or he's getting a size 13 up his.

Can anyone explain the gaps in the lines? That is a BAD looking dyno run.

It all depends on how fast the boost comes back on and how long it takes for the airflow to go beyond the FC point.. I know there are times where it will be back to back, then there are times where it will be almost identical to what that graph shows..

Hehe- I hear you about someone holding it there, but even I do that. It will fuel cut, but I try to feather the gas to get it back and stay on it, if it fuel cuts again, I do the same thing....
Joe

Back