evo wing

i don't know if any one has tried this before, but at one time i wanted the evo wing so i did some research and found 3dcarbon.com. they have an evo wing that suposedly fits the protege. i emailed them and they gave me a part number for it, but its been so long i forgot it. you could probably call or email them and get the part number from them. http://www.3dcarbon.com/p_evo_p.htm

I was going to keep it a secret, but I got one ordered and should be installed pretty soon....funny how last time I mentioned I was called a ricer, but front EVO hood vent and now rear carbon EVO wing....pretty good combination. Also the roof will be carbon overlay. (naughty)

Pirana said:
I was going to keep it a secret, but I got one ordered and should be installed pretty soon....funny how last time I mentioned I was called a ricer, but front EVO hood vent and now rear carbon EVO wing....pretty good combination. Also the roof will be carbon overlay. (naughty)
I hate you more and more everyday

Is it because I didnt tell you, or because you wanted the wing....in any case there is only Love for u....(friday)

Last edited:
im likin your stlye alot.. evo hood and evo wing.. along with the cf roof layout and trunk.. i maybe crampin your style haha

Pirana said:

once u get it on an painted i would love to see some pics!!

Check the EVO forums for used deals...no sense in buying a new one they go around $1400

Also check your local wrecking yards, some of the wings survive!

Last edited:
in 2004 i made a thread about putting on a sti or evo style wing..lets just say you got alot "nicer" responces from members than i did in my thread. hope it works out for you. fyi-a buddy of mine has the WW evo style wing on his 3rd gen and it looks 10/10 imo not sure what year his was made in though, its for the protege but he has had it for quite some time now so it might not be on their site. fits perfect

Last edited:
evo 8 spoiler = 44" inside, 49" at its widest

i don't think it'll look good, i don't particularly like it on my car and my car has a lot more aggressive lines than the protege does

i think people are more after the sweet carbon fibre center but i think its kinda on the huge side

the whole thing is carbon fiber, you're going to have to paint the sides anyways and none of the colors will match so you can do whatever paint scheme you want on it

yea, my concern with the evo wing is that its gonna sit about 2 inches taller than the stock 03.5, and i think that just might be a bit too much... and take the car from the "clean" category to the "rice" category. I dont want to be in that category.

As for you mr pirahna.... i ******* hate you. I just got back from getting a quote on haveing a cutom overlayed CF roof done with the car... and then i get on here and read your post... lol... its amazing how much we are on the same page. I dont know what the cost is gonna run you, but it sounds like a pretty hard, and laborious process that pretty much everyon is afraid to do around me, thus the cost reflects that... A LOT.

A car we have here in QC... (sorry for the small pic)

40931_6253.jpg

doesn't go with the car at all, imho. it's too big on the sides first of all, second the rest of the lines on the car are soft and all of the angles on that wing don't flow at all

i think if the bottom edges were more rounded, like the 03.5, it would flow pretty good, even with the sharp angles at the top. As it is, i'm not sure. Certainly more aggressive, i dunno if its too much or not.

Back