My Stormtrooper CX-5 Turbo

Yeah i read through your thread and listened to your videos. I'm only at 1200 miles but yours is much more noticeable and louder than mine is at least right now. There were a few other threads as you've probably searched and the problem seems to be that steady state high pitched whine thats there all the time has warranted transmission replacement but some others that were quieter and harder to hear but still there...seems some found it was one of the fuel rails that was vibrating. I'm not entirely sure but at this point unless it gets audibly worse where my wife can hear it, I'm not sure bringing to the dealer will solve anything right now. As it stands I can only hear it with everything off in the car and under load and it's still only audible some of the time. If I have the radio on 10 I can't hear it lol.

I'm not saying thats the solution but i'll be back and forth to the dealer and they'll tell me it's normal until it gets louder and I can hear it 100% of the time 🤷‍♂️

Also seems odd to me that almost all these complaints are tied to the 2.5T and all Cx5s use the same 6 speed. Makes me wonder of the whine associated with transmission failure is different then our high frequency noise 🤷‍♂️

Maybe a loud exhaust will help lol
It seems like you are aware of the situation and how dealers behave!

Exactly, if you have the radio louder it does help and certainly a cat-back exhaust would prove a better remedy haha 😆

Apart from that annoying noise it is an excellent SAV with the best driving dynamics in its category. I recently came back from a road trip in NC around the Smoky Mountains and even though I was not driving my Miata, it very enjoyable to push in the twisty roads with excellent handling and steering feedback. Can't imagine enjoying the same drive with a RAV4 lol

It seems like you are aware of the situation and how dealers behave!

Exactly, if you have the radio louder it does help and certainly a cat-back exhaust would prove a better remedy haha 😆

Apart from that annoying noise it is an excellent SAV with the best driving dynamics in its category. I recently came back from a road trip in NC around the Smoky Mountains and even though I was not driving my Miata, it very enjoyable to push in the twisty roads with excellent handling and steering feedback. Can't imagine enjoying the same drive with a RAV4 lol
I couldn't agree more man (y) It's def. a fun little suv to drive. I'm wondering if buying an extended warranty through Mazda when the 5 year 60k is close to running out is worth it if my wife and I decide to keep it after we pay off the loan.
Time will tell but for now I'm praying it doesn't get louder as it already annoys me but i've been slowly putting it out of my mind.
I'm done with tinkering for now except for maybe another try at an axleback but i'd like to get 5k miles on the car first before I do anything else.

Latest posts

Back