Dragger's Guide: Mazdaspeed Protege 1/4 Mile List

Status
Not open for further replies.
InsidiousMSP said:
Full mod list (including psi ran) for both of you please.

I don't get it!!!! I stated 9.5 psi. FMIC and Magnus Turbo back.

What else? NGK iridiums, OSOFAST MBC, Empty car. 94 fuel 15w40 Amsoil

Wes had his turbo back, JoeP MBC, FCD? That's it i think.

No slicks. No tricks.

I've been bracket racing for years... I made about 10 passes that day and everyone was 14.1 or 14.0.

If I had a scanner

I have video footage. How do I post it?

MSPDAVE125, sorry I overlooked the part where you mentioned psi.

MPNick & ForceFed, modifications at the time of the runs please.

InsidiousMSP said:

Dean has The MPI Tuner and MAF along with extra injectors in front of the throttle body.

Exhaust cutout and 2.25 downpipe.

boost 13-15 psi

Talon intercooler This was a mistake, we now have a large FMIC yet to run.

DOT road race tires. Another mistake, less grip then stock.

New mods are coming.

Thanks again

Later...............Nick

I went out today in the 35 degree weather and on my first try (using a Gtech) ran a 15.07 and 99 mph completley STOCK...and that flash =P

When are you gonna get a new time? I bet that Carbon Ti & the cold weather might put you into the 13s. :D

InsidiousMSP said:

Due to TOO many prying eyes from some certain corporate individuals,I will not post a mod list.
We will leave it at "I am completely stock."
;)
You may find it if you search for the time slip.

Black Majik MSP said:
When are you gonna get a new time? I bet that Carbon Ti & the cold weather might put you into the 13s. :D

I was going to wait until I got the e-manage, but I'm gonna hold off on that until next month. May just get another FCD in the time being (sold my old one). Would be cool to go to the track with some 110 octane. :)

InsidiousMSP said:
I was going to wait until I got the e-manage, but I'm gonna hold off on that until next month. May just get another FCD in the time being (sold my old one). Would be cool to go to the track with some 110 octane. :)

I think our biggest problem is the 17's

I purchased 4 ROTA Attacks 15" with BF Goodrich Drag radials for next season.

If those don't grab, then I'm using 15" Kosei K1's with MT ET slicks.

Yeah C16 is a must next yr. My friend is sponsored by Pro Fuels. I'll have to get some from him.

InsidiousMSP said:

Yup you need to get another FCD ;) Hey how much that exhaust run you?

-Alan

MSPDAVE125 said:
I think our biggest problem is the 17's

I purchased 4 ROTA Attacks 15" with BF Goodrich Drag radials for next season.

If those don't grab, then I'm using 15" Kosei K1's with MT ET slicks.

Yeah C16 is a must next yr. My friend is sponsored by Pro Fuels. I'll have to get some from him.

I think a pair of 17/225 Nitto 555R drag radials will work ok. Definitely need some AWR motor mounts though. :)

Alan, I just paid for materials, my friend (owns Billet Design) made it.

drag radials would help...you'll still spin...if you plan on running slicks then be have a new clutch ready to put in ;) I'm making enough MPH I could be in the low 13's if I could hook. I too am gonna try a set of 15" 225 BFG drag radials.

-Alan

InsidiousMSP said:
I think a pair of 17/225 Nitto 555R drag radials will work ok. Definitely need some AWR motor mounts though. :)

Alan, I just paid for materials, my friend (owns Billet Design) made it.

Got'em!

Only going to use the rear though.

The car shakes quite a bit at idle with both.

So i'll keep the front to absorb some vibration.

Nitto's are REAL expensive in Canada!

would be nice to see some 13s from msps this spring, im hopin to make 13s with my setup im puttin together.....how hard is it to install just rear awr motor mount?

If I'm not mistaken, the rear mount is the one that's a PITA. Some people said it took 5 hours to install.

I also thought there was speculation that only having one installed could lead to failure in the stock mount. If you want motor mounts, but don't want the crazy vibration, I think you can get the auto tranny mounts from AWR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back