Dragger's Guide: Mazdaspeed Protege Quarter Mile Bragging Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
update

18.6 at 75mph

i think i broke my back on the launch though. i swear that civic i was racing had NOS. he did a 16.7

MSP Chris said:
Bahh I hate the bradenton motorsports park, only got 3 runs in, still getting used to the new mounts. My best run, the one which i didnt bog out of the hole got messed up by the printer ( I swear ), they claimed it was due to the hurricanes.

60' - 2.414
1/8 - 9.364
1/8 mph - 82.50
1/4 - 14.170
1/4 mph - 102.45

Just out of curiosity, and no not all tracks are the same. About 75 or so degrees, I was launching 3.5k to 4k and I could'nt get the tires to break loose out of the hole. It would just jump and then bog a little, my a/f guage jumped lean while it was doing this. I believe the joe p. fcd is at fault, but this never happens on the street...so any thoughts / comments?

So ur having bogging problems, i have them man it sucks ass, but i haven't dragged, YET (headbang) , but it is really bad on hot days, i need to get rid of the studdering and bogging, any ideas?

I went 14.9 today. My first time on a track in a 5 speed. Not to shabby. Couldn't get it to hook up out of the hole. I found a way to bypass fuel cut, and cranked the boost up to 12 psi stable.

60 foot best of 2.2 and a high trap speed of 94 mph.

Alright went to the track for the first time this year tonight. Pulled a 14.6 @ 95 with a 2.3 60' on 7 psi then a 14.3 @ 97.5 with a 2.2 60' on 8 psi. Mods are CAI, TBE, and FMIC

nicely done.... any ems?

Meydron said:
Alright went to the track for the first time this year tonight. Pulled a 14.6 @ 95 with a 2.3 60' on 7 psi then a 14.3 @ 97.5 with a 2.2 60' on 8 psi. Mods are CAI, TBE, and FMIC

No EMS yet, gonna order the DSM AFC and PG IM in the next couple weeks, was still reading 10.0 on AFRs though. Still think i could of gotten a tenth or two more out of it if i had gotten more runs in but they had 300+ cars there.

nice runs anyways...

Meydron said:
No EMS yet, gonna order the DSM AFC and PG IM in the next couple weeks, was still reading 10.0 on AFRs though. Still think i could of gotten a tenth or two more out of it if i had gotten more runs in but they had 300+ cars there.

Went to the track again last night and improved a little bit over last time. Just thought i would post some time slips. They are a little hard to read but it was a 14.274 @ 96.78 and 14.364 @ 98.19

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 162
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 182
went to the track friday at pmi (pueblo motorsports park) and posted a personal best of 15.465 at 94.12 mph 2.494 60 ft time
running 9 pounds boost (wiggle) stock for the exception of a blitz blow off valve and blitz boost controller. this run improved my time by over a full sec. you should have seen the look on the mustang gt guys face as straightend up my baby seat at the line lol(lol2) he ran a pathetic 16.5 , i ran faster than that 100% stock on craptastic tires

Last edited:
Here is my slip. This was last year. I was running 10psi, BUT with a stud missing from my exhaust mani. NOW I have the MAM exhaust mani, and the PG intake mani, with the LT10 and some 550cc's going in, in about a week. I will be hitting the track again in about a month.

Oh, and custom Integral 268/268 cams will be comming in shortly. (yes)

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
03.5MSP said:
Here is my slip. This was last year. I was running 10psi, BUT with a stud missing from my exhaust mani. NOW I have the MAM exhaust mani, and the PG intake mani, with the LT10 and some 550cc's going in, in about a week. I will be hitting the track again in about a month.

Oh, and custom Integral 268/268 cams will be comming in shortly. (yes)

good 60ft! Are you going to still use the stock turbo?

sandspeed said:
good 60ft! Are you going to still use the stock turbo?
I will for now, but im considering either the GT28RS with the .86A/R, OR the GT2871 with the .86A/R. Im leaning more towards the GT2871, since its only like $50 more. And I think the GT2871 is the biggest turbo i can run with the MAM manifold, and keep the turbo at the factory location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back