Mazdaspeed Protege Quarter Mile Bragging Rights

best way to figure out your launch is to get a dyno done then you can figure out where your powerband is to launch and shift at. |Also your launch rpm depends a lot on what kinda rubber you have. I'll tell you what I did when I was stock.

Street tires should be good to launch about 4500, with slicks you pretty much wanna go redline to not bog down on the launch. Shift just after 6200 when your powerband dies down for the best times. Going to redline is useless waste.

That being said now my car makes power to 7800 so redline wouldn't be useless for me haha.

I launched around 3500 any lower and I'd bog any higher and I'd spin and wheelhop this was on BFG KDW's which were good for a 2.10 60'

where are you shifting? if you're bogging second, you probably need to shift later. either that or try to keep a part throttle through the shift to get the rpms up a bit.

yeah there was a company that made em here but i dont guess it went that well. I mean they work good but didnt sell as many as they would have liked to.

What RPM should we shift at into 3rd and 4th gear? 6.5K 7K? My first and only run (no practice) was a 14.9@95 2.4 60 ft

yes

so i have heard of MSP breaking 11sec times in the 1/4 but no one posting them,and also i have very rarely seen some 35r setups,but i know there around,anyone wanna step foward

i ran a 14.458 at 96.72mph -- injen cai, re-flash, no resonator.
yesterday at new england dragways import madness.

so i live in northern kentucky, right around cincinnati. i was wondering if anyone knows of any races i can go to or any drag strips or tracks or anything. i just wanta get out and race my msp!!

Back