You know you are driving a MS6 when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too hard to explain? "It's a factory AWD turbo 4-cyl Mazda6 with upgraded suspension and 18" wheels."

The other visual differences are nothing to write home about.

Next thing out of their mouth is one of two quotes. Mazda never made an AWD car or, Mazda 6's are all automatics. The second statement isn't true even if there wasn't a MazdaSpeed, but I have heard it more than once.

...when annoying family members are riding with you and you downshift and put the pedal thru the floor and they shut up because they cant breathe =)

lol

Our cars are quick......but not take-your-breath-away quick. I know what you're saying though.

You know you have a MS6 when you take ur car in for an oil change, go outside for a cigarette and as ur smoking u watch the Mazda Tech guy pull out and stall ur car right infront of u and then Redline to get out of first.

I went to get my car rust protected last month, as I was waiting inside I saw the guy walk over to my car... took him a bit to find out how to unlock it, took him a bit longer to start it and just to seal the deal he did stall it trying to go in reverse... he had to give it some extra gas to make sure he didnt do it again lol...

lol

Our cars are quick......but not take-your-breath-away quick. I know what you're saying though.

agreed but when you have a CAI, SU Rear motor mount, boost tubing, and custom tune on the CPE Standback yeah its not the hardest pulling car out there but when you arent expecting it it catches you off guard

You know you're driving and MS6 when you slam the gas pedal to the floor, lots of noise happens but you don't go anywhere, you snap back to reality and you're still stuck in your Protege5.

Too hard to explain? "It's a factory AWD turbo 4-cyl Mazda6 with upgraded suspension and 18" wheels."

The other visual differences are nothing to write home about.

You mean the different hood, fenders, bumpers, and the unique seats, cluster, and dash trim? Put them side by side, they'll know something is up.

You know you have a MS6 when you take ur car in for an oil change, go outside for a cigarette and as ur smoking u watch the Mazda Tech guy pull out and stall ur car right infront of u and then Redline to get out of first.

i took mine to big o tires for a full service oil change and it took three guys to drive it through then they told me i needed a new clutch haha

I'm not sure if it's just me but everyday when I drive/look at my car I keep noticing different things with my car and a regular 6... I really like my grille a lot more then the V shaped chrome/mesh grille on regualr 6's... I can also spot a speed6 from a mile, and from almost any angle lol. Even from the side if the car is moving you would see the hood and lip spolier

You mean the different hood, fenders, bumpers, and the unique seats, cluster, and dash trim? Put them side by side, they'll know something is up.
Oh, I know there are differences. But nothing terribly consequential. Doesn't add up to differences in "content" like those I mentioned above.

How do you know that they don't know that you are driving a MS6?

Um, the complete disregard, maybe? Or it could just be me, but I really geek out when I see another speed. I guess I'm just easily entertained...

Besides, that was just an anecdote to get this thread started. I love the responses. Keep 'em coming!

Um, the complete disregard, maybe? Or it could just be me, but I really geek out when I see another speed. I guess I'm just easily entertained...

Besides, that was just an anecdote to get this thread started. I love the responses. Keep 'em coming!
To that I say - they may very well know, but just aren't as into cars? Or freaking out about seeing them?

(breakn)

To that I say - they may very well know, but just aren't as into cars? Or freaking out about seeing them?

(breakn)

Nate, you are taking this waaaaaay too literally....The purpose of this thread is to allow MS6 owners an opportunity to express the joys and frustrations of their ownership experience. It really doesn't require your analysis or debunking. Just sayin'...

I'm a very literal person. Resume your fun... now!

(inout)

You Know you have an MS6 " when you finally finish paying your car off", and have the title in hand......like me, (popcorn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back