xDJ DUBx's 03.5 Pure White LX-T

I did that to my previous fog lights with my bc-2 kit and they worked pretty good for a week or two then I took it in the get paint and when I got it back they had blown a bulb. I replaced the bulb in the driver side and about every 5 or 6 days that bulb would blow. I rewired it and everything and it still did the same so I just unhooked them. I even had a fuse in line that I made smaller every time one blew but it never poped. Weird.

On a side note, do the P5s and protege have the same basic back end for the bumper? I got this guy interested in my kit but he has a p5 so idk if the back bumper will fit.

sedan and p5 rear are different... p5 is shorter..

BUT.... instead of just looking for msp sides... look for p5 side skirts... EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!! and more are available on forums..

hope that helps...

no problem.... lol.. looked at your progression on your thread... that's a lot of work... was kinda scaring me though... WAY TOO MUCH COLOR...

flat black, white patches, laser blue bumpers and a yellow lip...
in Hawaii...... we call that KALAKOA..

glad to see you went with the white..

NOW GO UPDATE YOUR vGarage with some bigger pics!!!! (yes)

So I found a yellow P5 wanting BC-2 side skirts. I didn't really wanna sell just one part of the kit but we came up with just trading skirts. He gets my BC-2 Skirts for his stock skirts. sweet.

DSC01804.jpg

just a update on mine since we were sharing pix in this thread .. not thread jacking lol

getting ready for paint
DSC03892.jpg

DSC03893.jpg

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

DSC03897.jpg

more pix to come monday

lol poor girl. Make sure to post up the painted pics bro, I've been waiting to see them!

Ok so I've had my car a little over a year(bought it used) and I've put an estimated 3500+ dollars into her. My 03 Protege lx. I had big plans as soon as I laid my eyes on this beautiful car. I thought "wheels, body kit, stereo, and much more" and like I've said, I've spent so much money already but so much of that money spent is now a regret. My biggest fault to date is my bc2 kit. I love how it looks but I didn't know the pain and such things that came with a body kit...

First of all, NEVER buy ANYTHING from EXTREME DIMENSIONS.com and other places that have their products. Body kits are flimsy and what not but mine was even more crappyer because I got it from extreme dimensions. It is literally paper thin.

ANYWAYS, I'm getting off my point.

I want to change my proty for the better.
Ideas that are currently floating around in my head...

I still have my stock front and rear bumper but my front bumper is dented in and all the holes for the bolts are broken because I was in a minor accident but it basically pulled my bumper right off the car.

Anyways, I'm thinking of totally trashing the bc2 kit, putting my rear bumper back on, repairing/repainting my front bumper and putting it back on then get the 03.5 rear lip, 03.5 side skirts, and front air dam.
Or
Picking up a Mp3/p5 bumper, picking up a 03.5 msp front lip with skirts and rear lip to start my conversion from a lx to a MSP and a white MSP at that =D.

I'm not sure which one I want to do at the moment, that is why I'm starting this post.

Things I wanna do FOR SURE....
OEM cf hood painted white on the sides...
6000K Bi-Xenon H.I.D. Kit...
Auto EXE cf grille...
Retrofit Black Project Headlights...
03.5 Wing...
17" wheels instead of 18" (not sure what kind at the moment)...
And many other things but I'm trying not to get ahead of myself because this is the part that sucks...

I'm 17(not sucky) and I have a job(not sucky) and I use to be scheduled 5 days a week but I currently am only scheduled to work only 2 days a week(very sucky) and I usually get sent home half a day early on one of my days(extremely sucky) so my checks are only about 150 to 200 dollars every two weeks if I'm lucky and thats before I have to take out 80 bucks for gas(straight bad).

Currently I have about 200 bucks to spend and I'll have another 200 on top of my dinky check in a few weeks.

No matter what I go with, a lip kit or a conversion, I know where to get the parts brand new but its expansive AS HELL so the only way I can do this is if I find all the body parts used.

First thing, I'm not totally sure of the difference of the 03 and 03.5 so can someone tell me the differences?

Second, Chicoloco, if your reading this, hit me up with a pm cuz those retrofitted projectors I want, I want them from you so I'd like to see if we could make a deal of some sort.

& also, I'll probably be hitting you up D-rock if I decide to go with the conversion if you havn't already posted on here...

When it comes down to it, I'm asking for opinions of which I should go for, lip kit or 03.5 conversion and also hook-ups, sellers of used parts I have listed and yeah just basic help so....

HELP =]

Current Status of My Protege...
BehindWork_2.jpg

Front lip:
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/price/Mazda/Protege/DG_Motorsports/Body/Front_Lip_Spoilers/part/

Side skirts:

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/price/Mazda/Protege/DG_Motorsports/Body/Side_Skirts/part/ (I think you can paint over carbon fiber)

http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=977

Rear lip:
http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=979

Front Air Dam:
http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_info.php?cPath=32_178&products_id=523

03 MSP rear spoiler:
http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=978

This is as close as i could find to what is on the msp, sorry i could not find the msp 03.5 spoiler keep an eye out for part outs from accidents for the msp

Last edited:
I have a line on a brand new mp3/msp spoiler for $175 brand new plus shipping.

Just double checking it includes the LED taillight. I'll update tomorrow

Right now, since money is tight, I'm not looking for the spoiler. I appreciate the help though. I am looking for the 03.5 rear lip for sure like RIGHT NOW though. I know I guy that was going to sell me his but he doesn't have a box to ship it to me in, any ideas????

On a side note, got my yellow p5 side skirts yesterday and shipped out my bc-2 side skirts today for only 17 bucks! what a deal. Now I need to find out how to mount the skirts to the car. =/

Latest posts

Back