MP3Night Turbo Build

Got the new radiator in!
IMAG0052.jpg

I know it looks so much better in the engine bay now. I want to get some of those Samco Radiator Hoses

Word. I been trying to purchase some but they have been on back order for awhile. If you find a place let me know mang! I tried Corksport and JDMSam already.

Can't wait to get my PWR in after looking at yours! (drinks)

Word. I been trying to purchase some but they have been on back order for awhile. If you find a place let me know mang! I tried Corksport and JDMSam already.

Can't wait to get my PWR in after looking at yours! (drinks)

Will do(thumb) I've got a few places in mind I'll call and try, What color are you trying to get in the hoses? Mmm the PWR... Can't wait to see it in your build(yippy) Make sure you get a Type S rad cap

Last edited:
Will do(thumb) I've got a few places in mind I'll call and try, What color are you trying to get in the hoses? Mmm the PWR... Can't wait to see it in your build(yippy) Make sure you get a Type S rad cap

Black Radiator/Vacuum Hoses. Well I purchased a rad cap already. Not sure if it's "Type-S" or not. I have a picture of the rad. cap on my build thread. Let me know if thats the one haha

100% sure. Looks like a lot of ppl have had this problem after doing some searching.
I have no clue but I'm pretty sure I could here my intake manifold hissing like a leak. Maybe the gasket is bad? I flipped the plugs on my VTCS solenoid and unplug the battery for it to reset and the code is gone also drove it for a bit and it didn't come back, but more then likely it might be a bad gasket and it leans out really bad like 17.9 at idle then it can't even read anymore and my boost/vac gauge is freaking out at about -10. It drives good like my afc are good during normal driving same with my vac, though it seems to have trouble to build boost

boost leak?

what was the description of the code?
looks like a powertrain DTC
P2009 intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low

Last edited:
boost leak?

what was the description of the code?
looks like a powertrain DTC
P2009 intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low

Well I fixed the VTCS and its looking more and more like a leak. Because like I said the check light is gone and hasn't came back yet. I'll try to tighten the IM up or maybe change all the gaskets on it being that they have never been changed

Edit:Never mind the light came back on after starting it again

Last edited:
I've had that code if not similar to that one for a while now, still haven't figured it out. Someone pointed out the VTC solenoids on top of the manifold, is that what you switched around?

I've had that code if not similar to that one for a while now, still haven't figured it out. Someone pointed out the VTC solenoids on top of the manifold, is that what you switched around?

I have mine custom wired up so I switched the two wires I have connected to it thats all, but I'm going to try tightening up the IM tomorrow after I get off of work. so I'll have to deal with on the way to work and back(gah)

Found where the leak is coming from and should be capping it off tonight. Hopefully that's all it is

remember to double and triple check your timing after you put on the lightweight crank pulley!

and good luck getting on the ps pulley... i had to go to a machine shop that used a 25ton press to get the old one off and the new one on...

Latest posts

Back