We lost a fellow brother last night...

woah i just caught wind of this thread. let me know if you guys want to do anything or need any help withanything at all.

Wow, i dont even quite know what to say. All i can say is that my thoughts and prayers go out to all of shannon's friends, family members and other aquaintances. The mazda community seems to grow stronger and more closely knit when something like this occurs. It makes me take a step back and look at the pictures of my own wreck and think of how lucky i was. Death is a horrible thing but it is built into gods plan for everyone. Once again my condolences to everyone.

thewrench said:
If you want to frame that hit me up (pm) and we can get together. My shop's in Avondale, not too terribly far from your work.

I've got a second photo, the group shot of us. If anyone wants a hard copy of it let me know.(Shannon's Family, Ron, Scott, Matt, Matty, Corey.. or anyone) I work in a photo lab for Wolf.

DSCN0081.JPG

Pic is fixed... sorry for hugeness.
I'll try to get those who want a copy in a week or so.

Last edited:
^tyrant^ said:
Hey guys i dont know if i should be posting this or not, But we lost one of our brothers last night.

Shannon (1338) was killed last night, Nikki his girlfriend came over this morning and told me the horrible news.

I dont know any of the details, All i know is he was driving home from Dillions last night.

If anyone wants to chip in and get something for him mom, i think that would be a nice jester to do, just let me know.

To quote his sig:
"Every day is so valuable and important,because after that day is done, you can never get that day back."

--Ron

Update:

Ok now that my head is a little bit clearer.

I last talked to him at 4:30pm yesterday on aim, and at 7am nikki came over, and she asked what happen last night, and i didnt know what she was talking about, and thats when she told me what happen. his car was found wraped around a pole and upside down.

aparently he told everyone he was meeting me at Dillions last night, so his family thinks i was with him, and i wasnt. I wish i would have been thoe.

Update:
if anyone wants to see what the car looks like
http://www.11alive.com/money/money_article.aspx?storyid=72935

If you would like a sticker to show your support, send me a pm with your address and how many you would like, and what color.

My guy very little orange left, so i think were out of orange, so this of them as special limited editions.

sorry to hear that my brother was lost this Thanksgiving i know how it feels. my prayers are with the family

I am sorry that this has happened and I would like to help in anyway possible. I am from Arizona and even though I have never met him nor talked to him on the board he is still a loved Mazda enthusiast. I am here to help out in any way that I can and I will be flying the stickers here in Arizona!

1338 said:
"Every day is so valuable and important, because after that day is done, you can never get that day back." That was Shannon's motto on life. I believe he fulfilled it. He has a heart of gold and eyes so blue you wondered if he was an angel. I can honestly say that I am the person I am today because of Him. He was a wonderful brother and mentor. He was himself and he never let anyone tell him different. I have seen every aspect of him and can still truly say I would give anything for him, because he has done the same for everyone around him. Half of me feels gone today. But, I know it's not. I know that Shannon is in Heaven. The day that he died be posted on my myspace page of his belief in God. He let it be known that he believed in God and he never denied Him. So no matter what happens keep believing because Shannon knew it is true. He's watching over each and every one of us like he has done for me all my life.
Shannon died with a fulfilled life, it may have been short, but he never regretted a second of it. And I bet as he crashed he thought... "Man, that was one hell of a ride." So today and every day let us not be sad or angry at him or even God, but instead rejoice on what a great life he led and what a great person he has made each and every one of us.
Velocifero is right about everything that he posted. Every single post and every single prayer means more than you will ever be able to imagine. And we know, we know that Shannon died for a reason. Shannons death WILL save lives. And he WILL enlighten many people. Looking at these threads I know that it has begun. I saw it in every single person that came to the service. Thank you Ron for starting this.
I can't put it into words how grateful my entire family is for you all. Thank you so INCREDIBLY MUCH and Remember 1338. Like Scott said.."Please remember Shannon and keep him in your thoughts, to me Shannon is a hero because undoubtly he will be there when I decide not to take a risk, and to me he is saving lives. so I'll finnish by asking you to take care, drive safely, use your head, because there are more people than you can imagine that care for you in some way, wether it be friendship, or common passions" Thank you again!!

~Lacy, sister of 1338
[font=&quot][/font]

he really does sound like a great guy - he does live on because i feel as if I am getting to know him now!

We will remember him.

Wow. My heart jumped out of my chest when i saw the pic. I'm gonna rock his number in my sig. RIP 1338.

I'm still relatively new to the board only been here a year and i dont believe i have ever interacted with him but its still really sad when a member passes away. If there is anything i can do donate a little to whatever they need, lmk.

RIP

I'm sorry that I missed this thread. I am in shock. My prayers and thoughts go out to Shannon and his family.

:(

Rest in peace, man.

My deepest sympathy to Shannon's family and friends in this time of sorrow. As difficult as it may be, I sincerely hope their holidays are filled with fond memories of their loved one, as well as love and support for each other.
God bless.

You know, I honestly had no idea where all these sigs were coming from and didnt put two and two together until today when i searched for "1338".

This is horrible. My condolences. :(

Back