JosueP5's '03 Protege5 Build Thread.

Thanks, but I'd need the rest of the exhaust too, since there is no flange around the axle on my exhaust. It all slips together with band clamps.

you went from boost to no boost? smh im over here dying to be boosted lol

lol but that could happen with any car but i see. damn wish i would of seen your for sale stuff before lmao. car looks good tho

Thanks man.

The guy said he drove the car for 2 years without issues, then one day out of the blue this developed. He didn't have the time/money to mess with it, so his loss was my gain. I wanted a reliable DD though, not a toy that I'd have to tweak and play with every weekend. I just bought the car because I saw a great opportunity!

yeah i feel you , i love my p5 want to boost it but at the same time dont

It was missing one or two VCIS butterflies when we pulled the intake mani. Those butterflies are the suck. heh-heh.

Josh, would you consider some hubcaps? Stealies just look weird... And you're too classy to look like a ricer.

Yea, I actually met the guy who had the car before you, was a pretty cool guy and said the car performed flawlessly.
Never got to go for a ride in it, but it looked pretty well put together

It was missing one or two VCIS butterflies when we pulled the intake mani. Those butterflies are the suck. heh-heh.

Josh, would you consider some hubcaps? Stealies just look weird... And you're too classy to look like a ricer.

I'm on the fence. There aren't many nice looking ones out there, and I don't want it to look ghetto or hillbilly.

Yea, I actually met the guy who had the car before you, was a pretty cool guy and said the car performed flawlessly.
Never got to go for a ride in it, but it looked pretty well put together

It wasn't...lol

Got my header swapped out today for OEM. I can't believe how much quieter it is now! It's a whole new car...

Still has some drone on the highway though, but the only thing to do now, is get rid of the exhaust all together. Maybe go OEM, then get an axle back or something and see how that sounds. I love the tip and where it sits on the car, but this is a complete Magnaflow system, not just an axle back, so it's either all or nothing. I have 6 months to decide which way I want to go from here.

Have you tried/thought about using Dynamat or the like in the cargo area? I put some in the trunk of the msp and noticed a difference

Well how much would yoy sell the magnaflow setup for? Is it 2.5 or 3"? I have full stock exhaust and i just installed the mazdaspeed protege5 axleback. Im installing a stock msp turbo setup in a week or two and i know free flowung exhaust would be a plus

It's a 2 1/2".

The b**** of it is, the previous owner welded the midpipe/cat/cat-back together with a bunch of random pieces, so I'd have to cut it up to ship. I wish the Mental Addiction Motorsports midpipe was still separate, cause I could try getting rid of that next to see if that gets rid of some drone.

Heated seats today.... (dance)

Leather is teh suxor in winter!

2012-01-04171358.jpg

2012-01-04173841.jpg

2012-01-04193410.jpg

2012-01-04175422.jpg

2012-01-04195021.jpg

2012-01-04195038.jpg

These aftermarket/universal kits usually take longer to warm up than cars that come with them from the factory, and this one doesn't seem to be an exception. I was wondering if I screwed something up or whatnot, cause they didn't seem to be warming up. We have heated leather in our Trailblazer, and it's warm by the time we hit the end of the street! lol But....a watched pot never boils! haha They warmed up before long. Plus, the car was inside my work, (3 hrs on the install) so the seats were already warm-ish. I'm sure I'll notice them more in the morning when the seats feel like I'm sitting on an ice block!

looks like a great installation. buttons look like they could be factory

You crafty bastard, good work!

I hate leather seats, in the summer they're too hot and in the winter they're too cold. At least now you won't have to deal with the latter.

Summer project idea: holes in the leather for a crotch-cooling A/C vent :D

looks like a great installation. buttons look like they could be factory

Thanks!

I picked up some extra blank switches at the junk yard over the weekend, in hopes of mounting them by the dimmer/coin/fog light switches, but decided against having to have the passenger ask me to turn their seat on every time. Though, it WOULD be hilarious to turn in on in the summer time without them knowing. LOL

You crafty bastard, good work!

I hate leather seats, in the summer they're too hot and in the winter they're too cold. At least now you won't have to deal with the latter.

Summer project idea: holes in the leather for a crotch-cooling A/C vent :D

I'm on it! haha

I've played with some A/C seats in a few cars in our shop, pretty much the best thing ever.

Looks good man. Your car has the factory Leather, yes?

Back