The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

I might just join the party for the dyno day. I would love to see how accurate the vdynos are that I have. I'm definitely doing a track day at nelson ledges at some point this year. I can't brleive how cheap their fun days are.

Phen, I'm glad you're back into it with auto crossing and enjoying your cars again. I remember you hating cars altogether at one point. It was like you burned yourself out. I'll have to check out that Abarth one day. I remember telling Evan that I would like to have one as a daily one day.

I figured I would poke my head in here since I haven't posted since June of 2013 lol

Phen, I'm glad you're back into it with auto crossing and enjoying your cars again. I remember you hating cars altogether at one point. It was like you burned yourself out. I'll have to check out that Abarth one day. I remember telling Evan that I would like to have one as a daily one day.

Yeah man. I think I was in a pretty bad spot there for a while. I'm definitely enjoying things again. Any time you wanna check out the car, just let me know. I've been enjoying it, but I will warn you... there are many people out there that are having goofy issues with their cars. Gear box issues, speedometer cluster issues, rear alignment issues (mine had this). I guess you'll have that with any car potentially. Mine has had no major problems (yet / knock on wood) and consistently gets me 33.5-34 mpg. Plus, it makes amazing noises from the exhaust and can be an absolute blast to toss around.

Anyone want to do the fun day at Nelson Ledges on Saturday, May 10th? I'm thinking about it. Looks like $130 for a track day.

Holy s***. Is that Ivan?! What's up, dawg!

I think a lot of us are doing the Smokey's dyno day that day. You should come to that and see what Shamu is putting down. $50 for 2 pulls.

+1

I'll be there, so that should be reason enough right? Put a post on the event page but I'm pretty sure I"m the only one coming from the Columbus area.

Sounds like you got a spot right Ivan? If not, you can have mine. Oh, and great to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing you at some stuff again!

Phen: I'm sad I missed the Abarth at the autocross! Evan/Marc were telling me that you were out there yesterday. I heard Jess's running at the track and man that thing is noisy for a stock car! Haha.

SHO might not be able to run because of the clutch? Not sure if he got his stuff figured out.

I'm a maybe. Clutch is in, shift cables are screwed up. Over nighted some parts from Japan (mazdaspeed motorsports lol) hopefully can find some time to put em in this week

Sounds like you got a spot right Ivan? If not, you can have mine. Oh, and great to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing you at some stuff again!

Phen: I'm sad I missed the Abarth at the autocross! Evan/Marc were telling me that you were out there yesterday. I heard Jess's running at the track and man that thing is noisy for a stock car! Haha.

They are quite noisy for sure. Tia took a quick video that's on the FaceSpace. Car seems to enjoy that type of thing.

I think it's actually Ontario, California. ;)

That is correct! Lol

Cables are out for delivery right now! Couple other things I need to check once I get em in (trans fluid level). But hopefully it's ready by Friday.

Back to autox/track talk.
How was fatty at mid Ohio yesterday , Evan?

Not all the parts come from California, Mazda Has wharehouses in various regions of the country.

Glad to hear that the Croation Sensation is back in the mix once again........glad the whole family seems to be coming back together! Maybe it's time for a Family Reunion of sorts!

Those other warehouses are lies, I've never gotten anything from anywhere but California! :)

Back to autox/track talk.
How was fatty at mid Ohio yesterday , Evan?

It was great! Mark and Jake did a great job in the tune Saturday and it's a night and day difference in powa. The new exhaust is loud as balls but sounds so good. Auto-x Sunday was a blast, I was second fastest overall and Peaches was fastest by like 1.5 seconds. The track day was a blast and I can't thank Dr. Dodd enough for being my instructor, he's the man!. I'm still all amped up from how fun it was. :)

It was great! Mark and Jake did a great job in the tune Saturday and it's a night and day difference in powa. The new exhaust is loud as balls but sounds so good. Auto-x Sunday was a blast, I was second fastest overall and Peaches was fastest by like 1.5 seconds. The track day was a blast and I can't thank Dr. Dodd enough for being my instructor, he's the man!. I'm still all amped up from how fun it was. :)

Glad to hear. You'll get used to the exhaust. Mine drones like crazy at non-highway speeds, but I've gotten over it lol

21830d1381112139-cold-air-intake-myth-busted-powa.jpg

Haha, great pic, Fez. But honestly, I am still 100% content with the power I have on the stock K04 on track. I need to work on my driver mod more and more. But I didn't really have any problems keeping up with anyone else in my novice class. I'm sure it will be much different when I finally get into intermediate but I'm in no hurry. Baby steps and I'm a slow learner. :)

And I beat the WRX in my class at the auto-x on Sunday and was second fastest to Peaches. But it doesn't really count since there were only 16 cars. haha. But looking forward to the auto-x season this year for sure! Fatty feels great.

How did everyone else do at the auto-x and track day yesterday? (I don't like talking about myself...)

3rd place in PAX for the little red one. I'll take it any day of the week. Just gotta get some good summer rubber on that car and it'll be much more fun.

Back