NASA Mid-West and Great Lakes region 2012 Schedule

I saw that as well and I think the same as you do. I wonder if you are going to have to get on a list or something before hand in order to come up there. If so, that would be insanely annoying.

Doc is running all 3 days i think ... we'll have to ask him to do some inquiring while he's down there on friday so we all know what's up. I'm thinking if you're smart enough to say you are crewing for someone, they won't really question it. (the general public wouldn't really know to say that) In answer to Pablo's above comment, It's not like you are getting paid to do it, it's friends helping friends so it's not structured like a race where you are 'with the team' the whole weekend, i don't think being there one day will make a diff.

$10 isn't alot of money, but i just don't like the whole principal of the thing. if you want to gain more fan base for PROFESSIONAL racing, then let people come to watch the amateurs for FREE to strike their curiosity and want MORE!

Last edited:
Well I am a volunteer, so I am covered.....I know that the Mark Freemal and rob Symonds are running, along with Jonathan Davis, Melissa Davis and I have a few other friends that can lend a hand. as well.

i'm just going to go down there and play dumb. if they ask for money, i'll ask what that's all about as i've never paid before. tell them i have NO CASH and just drove AN HOUR AND 20 MINS and for TWICE that price i can watch the PROS race during a grand-am weekend ... so = P
and i'll threaten to leave and NEVER come back if they don't let me in for free ... and i'll tell all my friends ... so much for 'gaining fans' ...

but i honestly don't think it will come to that : )

Yea, that was honestly the appeal in heading out to this...getting in for free. lol

Now, I won't be upset if I don't make it out.

I am not running this weekend. I went to the doctor on monday for my back injury and he recomended that I not run this weekend. I will be going to M-O on saturday to help Chirs out since its his first NASA hpde weekend. If any one wants to ride down with me let me know.

So who's all going down to watch/race? I was going to go down and watch and support but not if there won't be anyone down there. I don't mind paying $10 but that is kind of a silly rule. I'm one that got hooked because I got in for free that first time and anyone new will also get hooked the first time they're down there.

I am headed down and I will get whom ever is going down on a list if need be.

i'm still going down, haven't checked the weather yet, but probably saturday. all i need is the famous line "i'm with marlon" ... lol wear your shirts people!! that oughta work!! : )

Are you guys going down saturday and sunday? Or most likely just saturday? I still want to watch (and get Lauri her UPC codes), even if it costs $10 so if anyone wants to ride down in style with me and my old man mobile let me know. But I have to play it all by ear since my P5 should be getting shipped saturday.

I have to put those front shocks in for my Aussie friend in the morning, then we should be out early afternoon.

No fees are charged if you have friends or family racing it is free. If you come to the gate and say you want to watch racing it will cost you $10

According to an email from NASA: Your Crew, Family and Friends will not be charged. Those who say - "I'm just here to watch will be charged" All should be normal for NASA participants, crew, guests, friends and family. Please notify NASA Central if you are charged as this is new for us as well.

So....what do we need to say in order to get in for free then?

"I'm with so and so" ?

"I'm part of so and so's crew" ?

"I'm a friend of so and so" ?

"I'm so and so's cousin" ?

Back