The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

I haven't done anything besides removing the vinyl.

Must have: bearings, drive shafts, alignment and new vinyl\magnets.

Nice to have: relocate fire bottle, bolt on passenger seat, harness and replace the strap for the battery box.

How did the autocross yesterday go? Any video?

I forgot about this thread so I'll post my video from a couple weeks ago... First time I've autocrossed the new car it was a lot of fun.

Hell ya, you looked fast and very smooth. How'd you do? Was that on the stock tires and pretty much a stock car?

Pablo, I can't wait to see you running the MSP. I've seen that car at Mid-Ohio many times and that thing is freakin fast. What class would you run?

I just need new front brake pads and I gotta install my JBR transmission mount and JBR rear motor mount. Once those are done, I should be good to AutoX!

Due to my tires, I have to run in SMF. Corey, are you running in SM or SMF? I'm hoping you're not in SMF so I don't have you as competition HAHA!

Last edited:
I'm running SMF :) My tires aren't broke in yet and I looking into getting softer springs for events that aren't as even as the airport or an actual track.

I think last year there was 4 or 5 of us out of our group all running in SMF. I loose my competitive attitude when racing against friends and it's more about having fun.

Hell ya, you looked fast and very smooth. How'd you do? Was that on the stock tires and pretty much a stock car?

I did very well I think. The car is 100% stock, and I was on the stock Dunlop SP Sport 600 tires, which aren't super awesome. I ran in RTA (Road Tire AWD) and won by just a hair under 2s. Granted I didn't have much competition. But, I was 35th out of 147 drivers in the PAX which isn't too bad for the first time out in a 100% stock car. Plus, I was getting the BS PAX which allows for R compound tires.

I think last year there was 4 or 5 of us out of our group all running in SMF. I loose my competitive attitude when racing against friends and it's more about having fun.

I'm mostly going to be racing for fun too. However, I grew up playing very competitive sports so I can't help but be competitive sometimes lol. I'm hoping my track experience will carry over to AutoX. My first AutoX ever last year at Geauga lake went really well. I managed to place 1st in the rookie class. Since it was my first AutoX, they made me go in the Rookie class. I looked at the times and I actually would have placed 1st in SM and SMF at that event LOL. Maybe it was a fluke or maybe it was the car.

I did very well I think. The car is 100% stock, and I was on the stock Dunlop SP Sport 600 tires, which aren't super awesome. I ran in RTA (Road Tire AWD) and won by just a hair under 2s. Granted I didn't have much competition. But, I was 35th out of 147 drivers in the PAX which isn't too bad for the first time out in a 100% stock car. Plus, I was getting the BS PAX which allows for R compound tires.

Very nice! That course looked very fast. I didn't really see many tight turns. It looked like it flowed really well.

Track to autocross isn't as easy or natural as autocross to track. But it is better than no experience at all. I had done about 10 track days before my first autocross and I really struggled getting the hang of how quickly things happened with autocross.

Yeah the course was fast. I guess someone complained that OVR SCCA was making the courses too tight so now they make a majority of their courses more open like that. I was surprised how little understeer there was through the 3 sweepers.

I love autoX, but I can't wait until that autointerest run at Mid-Ohio on June 10th. I'll probably run street tires the first couple runs to learn the limits of the car on a course and then slap the Rcomps on the last session.

I just don't want to burn through the tires. I also thought about maybe running the 255's in the rear and the 225 up front just to save the rubber on the tires that are more important during autoX

I love autoX, but I can't wait until that autointerest run at Mid-Ohio on June 10th. I'll probably run street tires the first couple runs to learn the limits of the car on a course and then slap the Rcomps on the last session.

I would suggest staying on your street tires for the whole day and just learn the car and track, don't worry about lap times yet.

Ah, not sure why I assumed Hoosiers.

I wanted those, but I went in between those and Hankooks from last year. I already like these over the Hankooks. The Hankooks had to much sidewall roll, but they were a taller tire too.

I would suggest staying on your street tires for the whole day and just learn the car and track, don't worry about lap times yet.

I've thought about that too. I just don't know if my street tires can handle that much track time. My rear street tires aren't the greatest.

Will, have you run with NOR PCA? NWOR cancelled the event for the 19th, I'm looking for an event to go. NORA hasn't released a shcedule yet but it seems they won't start till June 1st.

I have not run with them for autocross. I hope the lot in Richfield works out for NORA, it's about 5 minutes from where I work, and closer than Geauga Lake.

It hasn't been a very good autocross season so far here in Northern Ohio. :( If you're interested I'm thinking about going to Columbus for the Saturday - Sunday event later in May.

Edit: I haven't put their schedule on this page, but I believe Crooked River Corvette Club, is having an autocross this weekend at the old Lorain Ford Plant on Baumhart road out by me. I ran there last year and the lot was incredibly bad, so take painters tape. But it's an option.

Last edited:
hmm, that one in kirtland sounds OK. I wouldn't be able to join you on that Saturday as I'd be working. There is another option in PittRace but there are no details about it on their site.

Latest posts

Back