The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

Pablo car falls into that class, not sure what mods you have on your car.

If I'm not at Watkins Glen the weekend of the National Tour, I'll definitely go. My brother-in-law will be living in Cincy by then.

For FI cars we have to run a restrictor on the inlet pipe which means I would most likely have to run a different tune and with my fenders I'm making it has to look like the OEM style. Other than that the MSP would be fine, but I might have to stick to SMF unless the tires I choose fit under the fenders. The whole restrictor on the inlet pipe sucks though.

Not sure how many of you care about the Cincy SCCA events but the national match tour event was cancelled. Also, they're in the process of moving around some of their other events so I'll update the schedule as it becomes available.

Not sure how many of you care about the Cincy SCCA events but the national match tour event was cancelled. Also, they're in the process of moving around some of their other events so I'll update the schedule as it becomes available.

I wonder why they cancelled it?

I have not heard. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is venue related though.

So this is kind of old news at this point but NORA is having venue issues with Geauga Lake so all their events are on hold for the time being. Cincy SCCA is having venue problems with the Wilmington Pad due to the FAA being difficult. That's why they cancelled the national event earlier in the year.

I have updated the main post with events for the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Club and for the first time in a long time NE Ohio SCCA is having autocross events again!

NWOR SCCA 1st event is this Sunday just as a reminder for thought of you that need their fix of racing to start this season. I'll be there spinning around with my new tire setup :)

Perhaps an autocross meet at one of the Mid ohio scc events would be a good idea? North and south can meet in the middle.

As long as it doesn't fall on a NWOR event day I would be sown for that. There is a lot going on this summer though so it would have to be planned out way ahead of time for me to go.

It would probably be a good idea to check one of their events out first. I'm not sure what kind of space for participants they have with their new location. At their old location they had a really small lot with only room for 1 car on course at a time.

How did the autocross yesterday go? Any video?

I forgot about this thread so I'll post my video from a couple weeks ago... First time I've autocrossed the new car it was a lot of fun.

It went great. The tires were brand new though and itwas too cold and windy for them to even break in at all and get warm enough to get sticky. The last run felt great, but I think my spring are a little too stiff for the surface area in their parking lot. At moments it felt like I was on a jetski skipping across the pavement. Lot of rotation wich is great, but the tires still have some breaking in to do. Hopefully the next event they"ll be good to go and I'll remember to bring my GoPro.

Back