The 3rd Annual Corey Invitational June 15th

We had #2 towed home, it sounded lke a rod bearing to me, I guess will all learn what the issue is in the next couple of days. Checked his oil and it did not register at all,added a couple of quarts and it just covered the tip of the dip stick.......

I'm not 100% sure what's wrong with the motor, but it's definitely making loud knocking noises. It started knocking near the very end of my last run. It's a shame they didn't count that last run because their timing system got screwed up lol. I was very fast on that last run once I knew the course and my tires/brakes were up to temp. It probably would have been pretty close to Corey's time. They gave me a re-run, but I definitely didn't want to do the re-run with my motor knocking like crazy.

The tow truck took me and my car home safely. I'm going to start trying to figure out what the issue is. Patrick is pretty sure it's a spun bearing. He said it sounds exactly how AJ's motor sounded after he spun a bearing.

On the plus side, my cousin is letting me borrow one of her cars (her family has 4 cars and they only use 2 of them). She said I can borrow it as long as I need to. So I don't have to worry about not having a car to get to work.

Glad to hear you made it home. Hopefully it didn't cost you a boatload of money.

Excellent news about the family loaner car as well!

Let us know what you find out about the motor. Are you going to take it somewhere to be fixed? Or do it yourself?

Glad to hear you made it home. Hopefully it didn't cost you a boatload of money.

Excellent news about the family loaner car as well!

Let us know what you find out about the motor. Are you going to take it somewhere to be fixed? Or do it yourself?

Thankfully, Marlon and Lauri let me use one of their free 100-mile AAA tows. My house was 126 miles away, so I had to pay $3/mile overage on 26 miles. Overall, it was only $78 luckily.

As far as the motor, I'm not really sure what I want to do about it. I have a few options.

1. I could do it myself and save a lot of money. However, I have no experience with working on the internals of a motor. So I would need to do a lot of research and need help. I've been wanting to start learning how to work on motors for a while now though.

2. I could take it somewhere to be fixed. This could be very expensive and could take a long time depending on where I take it. The other thing is I wouldn't even know where to take it. I typically don't trust dealerships or shops with working on my car.

3. Buy a new motor from Mazdaspeed Motorsports or a used motor in good running condition.

I'm going to start looking into my issue to see what all is involved in getting it fixed.

One of the reasons why I've had a beater for the last few years... It's always good to have a backup car when you start screwing with your main one. Glad you made it back safe though. That AAA saved my @ss before too. Big thanks to da Sumlins!

Buying / swapping a motor will probably be the cheapest route, but if you want to build it - this is the time to do it. Be prepared to drop some $$$$ though. It never ends up being what you get originally estimated either.

Tough break #2. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out quickly!

I had fun getting a good idea of where the car and I sit compared to a variety of other cars / drivers in GS. I did kinda chuckle to myself that the modded Abarth in SMF ran a super similar time as I did (within hundreths). Credit card is yelling out to me "Buy new tires, you won't regret it!" lol.

One of the reasons why I've had a beater for the last few years... It's always good to have a backup car when you start screwing with your main one. Glad you made it back safe though. That AAA saved my @ss before too. Big thanks to da Sumlins!

Buying / swapping a motor will probably be the cheapest route, but if you want to build it - this is the time to do it. Be prepared to drop some $$$$ though. It never ends up being what you get originally estimated either.

Yep, I've been planning on getting a 2nd car to use as a daily once my MS3 is paid-off in about 8 or 9 months. I think swapping the motor will be the cheapest route. I would like to get a built motor, but I don't think I want to spend that kind of money in the FWD MS3. I would love to have tons of HP, but it just wouldn't be usable on track (unless I drag race). I honestly don't think my car needs more power, until I get my driver mod upgraded lol.

Maybe I should fix up my MS3 and just run it strictly as a DD. Then, get something cheap like a Miata to learn on and improve my driver mod.

I had fun getting a good idea of where the car and I sit compared to a variety of other cars / drivers in GS. I did kinda chuckle to myself that the modded Abarth in SMF ran a super similar time as I did (within hundreths). Credit card is yelling out to me "Buy new tires, you won't regret it!" lol.

Thanks man. I talked to the driver of that Abarth in SMF for a little bit. His car was heavily modded and had sticky Falken Azenis tires. That is pretty funny your time was so close LOL

Yep, I've been planning on getting a 2nd car to use as a daily once my MS3 is paid-off in about 8 or 9 months. I think swapping the motor will be the cheapest route. I would like to get a built motor, but I don't think I want to spend that kind of money in the FWD MS3. I would love to have tons of HP, but it just wouldn't be usable on track (unless I drag race). I honestly don't think my car needs more power, until I get my driver mod upgraded lol.

Maybe I should fix up my MS3 and just run it strictly as a DD. Then, get something cheap like a Miata to learn on and improve my driver mod.

I always support the Miata route.

That guy seemed very surprised you were so close to his time. Haha.

Sorry I didn't make it. I hope you'll forgive me, Corey. I had a couple Corona's at V's wedding...

How did everyone do? Looks like you still won SMF, eh? Corey?

What was this I read about #2's rod bearing going out?

did you run out of tampons?

As far as the motor, I'm not really sure what I want to do about it.

I would buy one from mazdaspeed and replace it, or a cheap used one. Get a miata for fun. Don't bother forging it unless you're going big turbo or some crazy s***

Sorry I didn't make it. I hope you'll forgive me, Corey. I had a couple Corona's at V's wedding...

How did everyone do? Looks like you still won SMF, eh? Corey?

What was this I read about #2's rod bearing going out?

You Boo me for not going because I need tires for my car and trailer and you puss out because you had 2 beers. you need to start drinking more to build up your tolerance. :)

You Boo me for not going because I need tires for my car and trailer and you puss out because you had 2 beers. you need to start drinking more to build up your tolerance. :)

Uh Oh.......Pass the Popcorn

I was saying "boo" because you weren't going to make it. Not because of the reasons/excuse. And I had at least 3 beers and two shots so there!

I didn't want to pass out in the heat while working with a hang over. :p

It all good
I am just busting your balls buddy!
Marlon I would rather have nachos than popcorn.

126740877523.jpg

I was saying "boo" because you weren't going to make it. Not because of the reasons/excuse. And I had at least 3 beers and two shots so there!

I didn't want to pass out in the heat while working with a hang over. :p
If it makes you feel any better, I was hungover all day yesterday. It actually didn't get better til I had a beer at the airport this morning lol

I love how it is acceptable to drink in the morning at an airport.

It is acceptable right?

I love how it is acceptable to drink in the morning at an airport.

It is acceptable right?

I've done it for just about all of my international flights. Domestic flights, I normally wait till the layover.

Hair of the Dog for the Rican, it was for medicinal purposes, Will. So it is acceptable.....I guess

Back