So listen to THIS!!!!!!

Haha.. if you installed it yourself it's probably because you forgot to think about how much wind is up there.. You Tee shirt selling guys are all the same...

P.S. Pray that the piece didn't hit someone else...you could be liable.

Hey Brian, i missed you man

No s***, you managed to get him to send you a new one?

congrats let me know if it flies off... or not.

go get on the expressway and do 130... do it in daylight though so no cops are around, heh. or at least so you can see better and see there are no cops around.

i think im gonna wait for the spring to install this one lol

let me know if you get the CF model done....

i think im gonna wait for the spring to install this one lol

let me know if you get the CF model done....

I think that was someone else? lol I'm looking around for a cheaper polyurethane molder... I may just have to settle for the price of this one guy I found.... I can't seem to find a cheaper one that's more local, to better keep an eye on things, it's a b**** (poke)

I don't want to go with an out of state (even though I've found a few cheaper) and have to try and call and email etc if my mold hasn't come.

When a shop is local you can literally show up every day and put pressure on the douche if he's taking forever to get your mold done, ya know? ;) they don't really feel as anxious about you bothering them over the phone or email as they would in person

I think that was someone else? lol I'm looking around for a cheaper polyurethane molder... I may just have to settle for the price of this one guy I found.... I can't seem to find a cheaper one that's more local, to better keep an eye on things, it's a b**** (poke)

I don't want to go with an out of state (even though I've found a few cheaper) and have to try and call and email etc if my mold hasn't come.

When a shop is local you can literally show up every day and put pressure on the douche if he's taking forever to get your mold done, ya know? ;) they don't really feel as anxious about you bothering them over the phone or email as they would in person

i agree

i also had this problem. highway speeds and the thing cracked at the screws. luckily it didn't fly off, but did do a number to my bumper. it didn't only crack at the screws, but also along the outside edge of the whole thing. i e-mailed "supershyguy" aka nextmod and he told me about the 3m tape. i told him that no instructions came with the grille, which it didn't, and that if 1/8th inch fiberglass shattered at those speeds, that tape would hold it down? BS.

I wrote another e-mail after he told me about the tape and said that i would be telling other MS6 owners about my experience. Maybe I'll get a refund or another grille out of this deal? seems like a load of crap to sell stuff that isn't tested with no instructions or anything.

-Rich

i also had this problem. highway speeds and the thing cracked at the screws. luckily it didn't fly off, but did do a number to my bumper. it didn't only crack at the screws, but also along the outside edge of the whole thing. i e-mailed "supershyguy" aka nextmod and he told me about the 3m tape. i told him that no instructions came with the grille, which it didn't, and that if 1/8th inch fiberglass shattered at those speeds, that tape would hold it down? BS.

I wrote another e-mail after he told me about the tape and said that i would be telling other MS6 owners about my experience. Maybe I'll get a refund or another grille out of this deal? seems like a load of crap to sell stuff that isn't tested with no instructions or anything.

-Rich

I wrote him that same email, and then sent him a link to this thread is tarted and in no-time he sent me a new one FREE! im still nervous i put a teeny-tiny squirt of urethane under the grill, now, it ain't budgin for no 1.

i cant wait for sum1 to finally make the empty grill i designed !!!!!!

-Rich

Tell him you'll go on several mazda forums such as this one and mazda6 club and post threads with pictures of your car and the grill and tell them to avoid this product.

I for one will never buy that crap from nextmod.com I don't think they even tested it, they just designed it and put it on and BLAM a "product" is born

I think someone needs to report them to the better business bureau or at least to some type of road safety company like the DOT. Selling mods that can fly off someone's car and smack into the windshield of the guy driving behind you and creating an accident is NOT safe.

I wrote him that same email, and then sent him a link to this thread is tarted and in no-time he sent me a new one FREE! im still nervous i put a teeny-tiny squirt of urethane under the grill, now, it ain't budgin for no 1.

i cant wait for sum1 to finally make the empty grill i designed !!!!!!

Dude do you still have the pics of the old broken one?

I wanna see where it cracked off... did it crack off at the middle part that goes across the middle of the grill?

Or did it break off at the portion that is supposed to go along the bumper?

Dude do you still have the pics of the old broken one?

I wanna see where it cracked off... did it crack off at the middle part that goes across the middle of the grill?

Or did it break off at the portion that is supposed to go along the bumper?

neither, it cracked on the corners where the grill is screwed in, i think i have a pic in my blackberry ill try to look for it and post it later.

neither, it cracked on the corners where the grill is screwed in, i think i have a pic in my blackberry ill try to look for it and post it later.

Thanks bro....

or if anyone else can post a pic of their damaged one, I'd like to see if they are all breaking off at the same point. or in different places.

i got a reply from him. he said he'd pay for shipping and send me one for $80...

mine broke at the supports at the top, ill get a picture sometime.

Same thing happened to me!!! And the guy at the paint shop that put it on ripped the supports out of my stock one too... WTF Why do mods always end up ghetto as hell?

I'm still waiting on pics...... wtf? I'd like to get an idea for the poly-mold to see if they need to be structurally integrated.

So with all the discussion and the want to never actually put this grill on my car, I got it back from paint almost 2 months ago and it's been on my car for the past 1.5 months. Just because I wanted it to fly off on me lol, I went about 130mph and it's still in tact. All i did was use the two top mounting screws and double sided taped the bottom area. I saw that when i went to mount the top screws though that it almost seemed like it was cracking the piece under stress, so I used nylon washers in between the grill and car, and the grill and screw without any problem.

Back