Possible PCV fix from PTP

you aren't going to get any from me cause my engine bay ate it. $25 down the drain. i did however request a sample from this place for a silicon end cap that i'm going to drill a hole the same size in and then i'll use that to put over the breather then put my hose over top that for the same principle. but not only did i lose it, when i was installing it it was way to loose.

theres only so many places it could go..im sure ull find it..hmm some are loose some are tight.. maybe ill wait till the second batch.

yeah well i scoured and it didn't turn up. so it will probably fall out on the road now.

I put a few miles on the car tonight after the install, and so far I haven't noticed any difference at all. PTP has said that it takes a little bit of time to burn the oil off and after which you should see reduced knock, but so far nothing that I noticed was overly impressive.

Have about 50 miles on the fix so far and my knock hasn't went down at all. I'm going to give it a full tank of gas and see what happens. I should have some highway miles at steady cruise here soon as well.

any new news with these..really thinking of getting one before i put on my DP and Exhaust Mani this weekend.. wanna buy it tonight so its shipped out in time!!

I'm still running it. Currently there is a second revision of it coming out, which has a little change in the diameter and is tapered. I'm still not sold on it yet, I have seen spikes of knock to 5.6-6.5 with very little throttle applied, but no fuel being pulled.

i haven't run it yet and probably won't even when the new version is delivered to me.

I'm going to pull mine on Tuesday when I investigate the whining noise from the turbo, and see what kind of changes in knock I get.

well im about to install a DP and Exhaust Mani this weekend..ive never had an issue with smoke though..do u guys think i should get it, just so i dont smoke or blow my seals??.. or would i be better off with a OCC ?..

Honestly, I think the Mazda PCV fix is going to be the ticket for everyone. It's still not out yet, but we should see some results within a month or so.

Honestly, I think the Mazda PCV fix is going to be the ticket for everyone. It's still not out yet, but we should see some results within a month or so.

Anyone hear of a date on this or have an update on it from Mazda? Mine is a mosquito fogger at prolonged red lights.....(doh)

Is it just me or does the PTP PCV fix give a slightly softer entrance into the next gear while shifting? I drove around with it installed all day yesterday and it seemed less likely to bog down when entering the next gear at partial throttle.

Is it just me or does the PTP PCV fix give a slightly softer entrance into the next gear while shifting? I drove around with it installed all day yesterday and it seemed less likely to bog down when entering the next gear at partial throttle.

well thats a good thing.!!.. what other results do u got for us..im ordering mine tonight regardless of results.

so nothing good has came out of this?

like i said, eversince my dp ive been smoking ONLY at idle. if i give the car a little gas at idles it keeps it from smoking 99% of the time.

im looking into a oil catch can and possible reworked turbo but dunno if i wanna spend the money on the reworked turbo and save up for something bigger and better. BUT, if this stops the smoking it would be great and 25bucks is nothing. so..

can we purchase the revised pcv valve from mazda without having it getting worked on there?

Back