My MSP.... for sale.

HorsepowerFreak said:
They're actually called fluid exchange signal transmitters.

/mocks myself.

haha I also need jdm muffler bearings so my exhaust hangers dont squeek!

benben84 said:
Dude, get an STI, you WILL NOT be disappointed!! My friend has an 04 silver sti with turboxs turboback and ProDrive axle back, cobb stage 2 tune, KandN FIPK, underdrive pulley, The thing is so freaking fast it's not funny. And it handles like crazy, sure the evo handles a tad better but who really uses the car to it limits, really??! If I could afford one I would have one ASAP!!

That is an extremely hard decision, but I think I still am leaning towards the EVO VIII.

79-mitsubishi-evo-8.jpg
2006.subaru.impreza.wrx.sti.jpg

I think the STI has more style. I don't care for the EVO IX myself, nor did I care for the newer STI (as pictured above) but I'm starting to come around to that.

Neither of those pics really appeal to me though.

HorsepowerFreak said:
I think the STI has more style. I don't care for the EVO IX myself, nor did I care for the newer STI (as pictured above) but I'm starting to come around to that.

Neither of those pics really appeal to me though.

Same here, I didn't like the new STI at all when I first saw it. I have seen it in person a few times now and I really like it! I think the best color for the 06 is the steel gray metallic. My favorite color for the older years is white. As for the interior I really didn't care for the evo's interior look compared to the STI. The STI's interior is more aggressive and have more appeal IMHO. I would recommend driving both of them a couple of times before you may final decision. I guess you really can't go wrong!

I think Ill have fun with my protege for another yr before i start looking to get a evo IX. I did hear they have a problem with freeze flugs tho a few people on the evo boards have blown motors maybe next yr they will fix this problem.

u know they are stopping production of evos in August....right? ;)

Laser03pro said:
I think Ill have fun with my protege for another yr before i start looking to get a evo IX. I did hear they have a problem with freeze flugs tho a few people on the evo boards have blown motors maybe next yr they will fix this problem.

What the heck is a freeze flug?

Generally people who blow motors of turbo motors are people who don't know what they're doing and just boost the crap out of it. Just like a lot of the MSP guys were doing. Well, and still doing. Most will not admit to it though.

There's absolutely nothing wrong on a big scale with the EVO motors.

Freeze plug is a plug in the block so that if the antifreeze in the block freezes and expands these plugs pop out first instead of cracking the block. I heard a few guys had these pop out while driving and do some damage. Im sure they were prob boosting too high tho on a stock motor.

Last edited:
Back