July MOTM Poll > VOTE NOW!!!

VOTE!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
jbiird317 said:
yeah i felt kinda the same way, but also didnt wanna lose by 100 votes. I kinda regret it now, but in the future, lets try and come up with a way to really make this a forum-wide contest

they had a banner in rotation on the top but took it down for some reason. maybe put a little banner or line in whoevers in the contest to come by the thread and vote for their favorite. but make it a standard one so everyones is the same. this way it draws attention and they will vote for whomever they want.

and dont be discouraged by proteges and miatas. our cars are around alot longer. in 6months to a year theres gonna be plenty of modded ms3's and 6's. its just warranty time so u have to wait it out a bit.

infact ill even make a few banners, small ones so it wont violate the tOs too bad. and u guys can vote on which ones u like then just insert the code into your sig. if antoine is ok with that.

terbow said:
infact ill even make a few banners, small ones so it wont violate the tOs too bad. and u guys can vote on which ones u like then just insert the code into your sig. if antoine is ok with that.

good deal man, thanks!

jbiird317 said:
yeah i felt kinda the same way, but also didnt wanna lose by 100 votes. I kinda regret it now, but in the future, lets try and come up with a way to really make this a forum-wide contest

(mswerd) I don't blame the mazdaspeed guys for shaking things up this month...the MOTM definitely needed a variety boost and I think this poll will help to influence more of it in the future! :D

I also welcome ideas on how we can drum up more interest from all of the model specific forums on Mazda Forums...It's clear that the more variety the MOTM has the more exciting is to vote...to view... and to participate in!

terbow said:

Cool idea...create a new thread for the voting and post the link here...Thanks!

Antoine said:
Cool idea...create a new thread for the voting and post the link here...Thanks!

okie. it wont be done till friday cause im putting my msp back together today. sorry, msp comes first ;)

terbow said:

Oh no... not another vote! Its just gonna be a popularity contest... Can I put a line in my sig to tell people to vote for the one I like most? (outie)

FlyinHawaiian said:
Oh no... not another vote! Its just gonna be a popularity contest... Can I put a line in my sig to tell people to vote for the one I like most? (outie)

as long as you dont make a thread about it (thumb)

hey guys! can somene please tell me what is the problem of bringing people from the other parts of the forum to the contest? look i did the thread because i saw that most of the MS6 people where not paying attention to the ROTM, they never do. All they keep seeing in the front page is a p5 or a MSP or a protege thats why i entered, i am just letting people know there is somthing different for a change! if i would of write in the ms6 part of the forum, I LOST THE ROTM to a protege, chances are that people will be like WTF we did not know a ms6 was runing! all the protege guys knows that there is always a protege runing! i am just making it even! Also if we jumped from 20 to 40 votes in one day is because we brought people from the other part of the forum. I felt i needed to do that because this voting is open to everybody!

i wasnt complaining. i dont care if u made a thread or not. but if one advertises they all should. so thats why i proposed the banner so every contestant can have the same banner and gain exposure for the contest.

also one of the threads says, im losing to a protege. thats poor taste. you makes it sound like it made a thread to bring exposure but really it made a thread so all the ms6/ms3 (i dont remember who said it) people vote for you. thats why it seems not fair.

if u made a thread that says, hey the ROTM contest is on right now and im entered, come take a look and vote for your fav car, then yea thats all good.

so with the banner, everyone whose in it gets exposure and then it will draw people to the contest and the car they like more, not voting for a specific car cause the entrant doesnt want to loose to another type.

thats just my .02 i dont care if i win or not so dont think im complaining if you rally votes.

Last edited:
MS6mike said:
hey guys! can somene please tell me what is the problem of bringing people from the other parts of the forum to the contest? look i did the thread because i saw that most of the MS6 people where not paying attention to the ROTM, they never do. All they keep seeing in the front page is a p5 or a MSP or a protege thats why i entered, i am just letting people know there is somthing different for a change! if i would of write in the ms6 part of the forum, I LOST THE ROTM to a protege, chances are that people will be like WTF we did not know a ms6 was runing! all the protege guys knows that there is always a protege runing! i am just making it even! Also if we jumped from 20 to 40 votes in one day is because we brought people from the other part of the forum. I felt i needed to do that because this voting is open to everybody!

you didn't make a "hey guys get out and vote!" thread, you made a "get out and vote for me!" thread. i voted for you because i love your car, I just disagree with the thread you created.

There were quite a few of the contestants that created 'vote for me if you don't want to see another protege win" threads. It distracts people from the real intent of this contest. Everyone needs to come in here, look at the pictures, read the mod list and pick a favorite. Some people will do exactly what they are asked without looking for themselves. Really we need to find a way to get the entire forum in here to vote without bias. Terbow's banner plan could work, they see a banner, click the link, and read the thread for themselves. No bias, no encouragement. No 'vote for me' threads or PMs going around.

In the history of the MOTM...has this one been the most controversial? And what's the most voters ever...241 is pretty good.
I like all the cars entered...h/e, in my own defense of starting a thread...I'm the only person with a Miata entered...even though it's a Mazda forum...we are the lowest populus...so I have a good excuse :D
Now..as for bad mouthing someone, because they are losing to a protege...yikes...that's not very nice.
I too have a protege.

JDM-P5 said:
In the history of the MOTM...has this one been the most controversial? And what's the most voters ever...241 is pretty good.
I like all the cars entered...h/e, in my own defense of starting a thread...I'm the only person with a Miata entered...even though it's a Mazda forum...we are the lowest populus...so I have a good excuse :D
Now..as for bad mouthing someone, because they are losing to a protege...yikes...that's not very nice.
I too have a protege.

Like Pirana always says...Protege's get no respect....and aparently from some coments made...neither from the Mazda crowd.

But I have only one thing to say......WHO VOTED FOR ME? DANGIT! I WAS GOING TO GO FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER AWARD! (argh) (alright)

To me, MTOM is not just the coolest/widest/neatest car but how the owner represents us all. I have never met him but I had to vote for rednecks_r_us. Not only is his car neat but he has done a lot to promote Mazdas in Arizona. He just happens to be a long way from me and our local event seem to match up with his. I'll get up there.

mazda_pro5_2nr said:
Like Pirana always says...Protege's get no respect....and aparently from some coments made...neither from the Mazda crowd.

But I have only one thing to say......WHO VOTED FOR ME? DANGIT! I WAS GOING TO GO FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER AWARD! (argh) (alright)

i am the one and only (j/k), who voted for you. i thought id be your first vote since you voted for me first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back