If you could change one thing...

Don't think that is what they are looking for.

Decent power/torque and actual real world fuel economy is what Mazda are aiming for

Did they suddenly change their philosophy? Ain't a THING "real world" about my CX5's mpg vs. what's on the window sticker, but the power and torque do actually perform in the real world to a much higher level than the sticker suggests.

Even if the SkyActiv-X 2.0L SPCCI can be available in 2019 as "promised", are 188 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque gonna be enough?

Not really my 1.8T audi in 1999 had 180bhp with 177 pound feet from 1950 to 4500 rpm, plenty quick enough for the kerb weight under 1500kg from memory. But a CX-5 in top trim in the UK is now 1746kg, no light weight and needs the new diesel 190ps 450nm engine, not yet here in the UK.

My first top of the range cx-5, albeit a manual was only 1663kg!

Did they suddenly change their philosophy? Ain't a THING "real world" about my CX5's mpg vs. what's on the window sticker, but the power and torque do actually perform in the real world to a much higher level than the sticker suggests.

If you read the reviews out there, most say Mazda get closer to "official figures" with their "real world" figures than most manufacturers.

If you read the reviews out there, most say Mazda get closer to "official figures" with their "real world" figures than most manufacturers.
I pulled my old window sticker out and agree that I pretty much get exactly what it says, give or take on the highway when I am "spirited". Considering my previous Jeep was in the mid teens for MPG, who cares?

Perspective.

I pulled my old window sticker out and agree that I pretty much get exactly what it says, give or take on the highway when I am "spirited". Considering my previous Jeep was in the mid teens for MPG, who cares?

Perspective.

Yeah I've been getting 29.9 driving almost exclusively in stop and go rush hour traffic. Kind of surprised it's that high. I use Radar Cruise a lot and I think it actually helps mileage. I am also a former mid teens MPG Jeep owner so I'm probably saving $40-$50 / month just in fuel costs.

Perspective.
Indeed

More power

If you could change one thing about the CX-5, what would it be?

Mine is I wish it had a panoramic sunroof. I always use my sunroof; my dad has one on his X3 and it's awesome.

Not trying to start a hardcore discussion, just thought it would be fun to see people's different answers. Gearing this more towards 2nd gen but if you've got anything about 1st gens feel free! Disclaimer: This does not mean I dislike the CX-5, I LOVE mine, just wondering what others think.

I would like my CX-5 to have more power. At least 200hp. I dont think it is asking for too much. Apple or Android play and radio information in the heads up display.

I would like my CX-5 to have more power. At least 200hp. I don’t think it is asking for too much. Apple or Android play and radio information in the heads up display.

AA / AC is about to come to Mzd6. But is backwards compatible till 2014 on select models.

Would like to have the rear window washer spray in a fan pattern like the front. Not a stream that is useless.

I would like to see auto wipers that dont go nuts at the slightest hint of condensation. I have to disable them until my windshield is completely defrosted.

There’s nothing from Mazda USA only Mazda Canada. Mazda 6 will receive it this fall but no official statement of retrofit for USA.
If they do retrofit in one country then should eventually happen in remainder of the countries

The front seats ... or at least an OPTION to UPGRADE to better bucket style seats which supports better.
I sat in a Lexus and a Genesis and those seats were great... I don't mind checking an option box of $2,000
for an option package for much better seats.

Back