Hello 2012+ Mazda5 Owners!

Congrats! But it sounds like you bought a demo, hope you received some steep discount!

Aren't new vehicles likely to have some miles on them if they happened to be driven there from another dealer? I didn't ask about what they'd done with this car previously, but it was physically inside the showroom when we first saw it. Got noises about "not a lot of markup" when we talked price, but they did knock a small amount off the base price. Friend of mine in IN got his cheaper - evidently he'd been offered a lower price on the one the sales manager had been driving, and they decided to give him the same price on another one.

The car we were initially offered for a test drive was a silver Grand Touring they were keeping outside, seems it had ~300 miles on it.

Aren't new vehicles likely to have some miles on them if they happened to be driven there from another dealer? I didn't ask about what they'd done with this car previously, but it was physically inside the showroom when we first saw it. Got noises about "not a lot of markup" when we talked price, but they did knock a small amount off the base price. Friend of mine in IN got his cheaper - evidently he'd been offered a lower price on the one the sales manager had been driving, and they decided to give him the same price on another one.

The car we were initially offered for a test drive was a silver Grand Touring they were keeping outside, seems it had ~300 miles on it.

Interesting, the one I test drove was a Silver GT as well, with similar mileage. It was the only 5 there without any of the factory wrap left on it. Did you get the Monroney sticker with your 5? It should state what dealer your 5 was originally intended to deliver to.

Most demos I see here are in the 1k mile or more range. I got mine for the same price as the higher mileage 5 driven by the sales manager due to the manufacture date and time it was at the dealer for. Our 5 had 11 miles on it when I first saw it, and nearly 34 at purchase time (my test drive).

Is that the same thing as the window sticker? If so, I'll have a look.

Ours was nearing 1100 miles last I checked ....

I just use my phone for directions. No need to have something that will break or not work so prominent on the dash.

2012 MZ5
6spd
Copper red mica
"stupid" sand interior
Purchase 11/15/11 fostoria Ohio
Currently 600 miles

I like it a lot, I came from a E39 touring

Rolled over 7500 this morning, going to be flying the next few weeks so come march we will add more.

One complaint is that the clutch is very "cheap" feeling after some use, with some loose feeling.

Is that the same thing as the window sticker?

Yep, the window sticker.

The 5 got it's first fill-up today. 21 MPG. Trip computer was showing 23 MPG. Averaging exactly one more MPG on the same commute as our '03 Town and Country. I expect the MPGs to improve once everything wears in and loosens up a bit.

Surprised at the amount of brake dust after 300 miles. The fronts almost look like they're painted flat black.

Brake dust after 300 miles? How hard is Mrs. TOTCG driving that thing, anyway? :p

Mine only had 2 miles on odometer when I bought it. Most cars on dealers lot that had not been prepped for delivery had no more than 2 miles if I recall.

Hello Everyone!

2012 Mazda5 Touring with Moonroof/Audio Package
Clear Water Blue
03/04/2012 ~ currently 300+ miles
SF Bay Area (drinks)

I love this car, amazing! I'd love to have less wind noise, more power and better MPG but that's a little too much to ask! My previous car was 2008 xB which seems to be more punchy though the stats is similar - I have no regret I still prefer my MZ5. I bought the car from Putnam Mazda - Ali is the man! He sold me the 2005 MPV which is still running fine and transaction was super smooth. I quickly bought OEM all weather mats for 1st and 2nd row, sadly I had to go with non OEM for the 3rd row so it doesn't match but it's very good brand (Lyods). Got them all installed today including the rear bumper protector and I'm currently thinking of HID and a good muffler tip (stoned). That's it, MZ5 looks and rides nice, I was going to buy it back in 2008 and I kept regretting purchasing the xB instead. I am happy that my dream has been fulfilled and I like the 2012 better!

Hello Everyone!

2012 Mazda5 Touring with Moonroof/Audio Package
Clear Water Blue
03/04/2012 ~ currently 300+ miles
SF Bay Area (drinks)

My previous car was 2008 xB which seems to be more punchy though the stats is similar - I have no regret I still prefer my MZ5.

I have the exact same car, and interestingly, a '12 xB Lava w/manual trans was one of the top 5 cars we looked at. No regrets so far. The MZ5 came in cheaper with a lot more equipment (3rd row, sliding doors, and reclining 2nd row sealed the deal, too).

Brake dust after 300 miles? How hard is Mrs. TOTCG driving that thing, anyway? :p

She's a lot more aggressive than I am. She just got another warning last night for speeding. Thinking of putting a V1 in there, but I'm afraid she'll just ignore it. On the mats, check out the complete set offered to our friends up North by Mazda OEM made by Weathertech. Someone on here just put up pics of them, really nice. Might want to see where the nearest dealer is to Windsor and take a trip over there, eh? Lloyd Mats makes some nice carpet floor mats, I have not seen any of thier all weather ones. Get the Weathertechs, they are made right here in the USA about an hour from me.

Last edited:
Mine was the special edition 2008 - Gold Rush, not my color of choice but I like the package. However, xB's ride is very bumpy while the steering is numb. Mazda5 is totally the opposite, even the kids sleep right away when they get to Mazda5, LOL.

I have the exact same car, and interestingly, a '12 xB Lava w/manual trans was one of the top 5 cars we looked at. No regrets so far. The MZ5 came in cheaper with a lot more equipment (3rd row, sliding doors, and reclining 2nd row sealed the deal, too).

Just purchased mine.
3/20/2012

2012 Sport Auto
Brilliant Black
200 miles

Charleston, Sc

Last edited:
Hello all! I've had my 5 for about a month (PHX Area).

2012 Mazda5 Sport 6M
Metropolitan Gray
1300 miles

So far I really love it. It drives great, although I'm a former "truck driver" ('85 S-10, '95 S-10 SS, '04 Colorado SS), so used to punishing ride. Although I also have an E500 my wife drives, so I know all about the wonders of independent suspensions! And with all the space in this thing, I rarely miss my truck.

Haven't done much to it yet, except remove all the tailgate badges, except the center logo. I am putting together a list of a few improvements though:

Got the Sport for the manual and love it, but stock wheels/tires suck. Already slid it sideways on a 3rd gear LH turn. Looking to go 17or 18, although I drive crappy roads a lot, so probably 17. I like the Enkei RPF1s, they are light, but man they are pricey. Might consider some MX-5 17s though. They come up on CL periodically. After all, I'm just a family man with a family vehicle.... :)

I get a small creak or groan from the driver's side sliding door, right behind while I'm driving. I tightened up the screws on the latch and seems to have gone away 99% of the time. Might bring it up at first service, although may just be all the "new parts" settling in.

The radio and front speakers sound pretty good but the rear speakers aren't great. Surprised there no speakers in the sliding doors. Sound in the second row is pretty low. Already spec'd out some Infinity 5-1/4" components, but may try to fit 6" or 6.5s to compensate. I'm also working on a small amp/sub to fit in the spare tire. Eventually I will probably add monitors as well. I installed a 9.5" flipdown in my Colorado and it was great, although I will also consider headrest ones. Also saw a neat factory upgrade head unit from China with Navi, DVD player, bluetooth, etc. Looked pretty nice, but pricey.

Looking into fog lights as well...or actually, driving lights. Driving around on said "crappy roads" I've always used driving lights to help spot potholes. Darn things from Mazda are pretty expensive. Looking at making my own bracket and using some univesal bullet projectors. Wirings no big deal for me...I've made relay harnesses for lights before. I'll probably use the dash mounted switch though instead of on the stalk.

Where the heck do you put your sunglasses? Nice cubby holes everywhere for change, gum, cell phone, but nothing good for sunglasses so they don't get scratched up. Might look for a headliner-mounted cubby later on. If I do, might be a good time for a Homelink Module install as well.

Just sharing some of my thoughts on the 5.

Thanks!

Brought home my Copper Red Grand Touring Today. Has 300 miles since dealer had to transfer it from out of the area (I only wanted this color). So far so good- only wish they offered the 6speed manual on the GT!!

Hello everybody!

We just bought a new 2012 mazda5 GT yesterday. It's exterior is Metropolitan Grey and it has 55 miles. The final price was $22,677 + t&t, and it includes DVD entertainment system, remote engine start and auto-dimming mirrow w/compass and homelink (I could not get the dealer to include window tinting but I will have it done for $140).

It's our first time buying a new car, as we had previously bought only used cars (first a 2003 MPV and then a 2010 mazda5). I think (hope) it was a good buy but, in any event it is too late for second thoughts, jajaja.

Brought home my Copper Red Grand Touring Today. Has 300 miles since dealer had to transfer it from out of the area (I only wanted this color). So far so good- only wish they offered the 6speed manual on the GT!!
Yup we wanted CR color only. Was only one in the state, when we got it.

Lots of sports though.

Congrats on the car. There should be a requirement on this thread to post pics :)

2012 Grand Touring
Silver
Purchased in South Bend, Indiana
1300 miles.

Getting 22.7 miles in the city

2012 GT/luxury package
Black exterior/ Black leather interior
Purchased in Surrey, BC (Canada)
15 KM

I'm a new dad and I just traded in my fun Jeep Grand Cherokee for a Mazda5... The Jeep was fun, but very "quirky" and often at the dealership! We purchased the 7 year extended warranty for the Mazda5 and I'm hoping for years of worry-free driving... Hopefully this vehicle won't leave my wife and baby stranded like our fun Jeep did...

Here in Canada they don't offer any DVD options, except aftermarket/dealer installed options. I ordered a headrest DVD system, but the dealer couldn't even show me any pictures or description of what I was buying! He said that it would be the first one that he's ever ordered? I've searched the web and even I can't find any picture or description of what I bought - (though Canadian dealers all show it as an optional accessory on their websites) We'll see what I end up with?

I also added the roof rack, iPod adapter and tinted windows.

So far so good, seems like a great little vehicle with good fuel economy! I like the black, since I hardly ever see any black mini-vans (most mini-vans here tend to be beige/green/blue or silver)... I'm still getting used to the idea of owning a mini-van.

If anybody has any info about the DVD system that I just paid $1,800 for, I'd appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back