Hello 2012+ Mazda5 Owners!

dieseldriver, do you mind letting me know where you ordered the tailpipe finisher? I saw one on ebay but I'm not sure if that will look good on the 5.

dieseldriver, do you mind letting me know where you ordered the tailpipe finisher? I saw one on ebay but I'm not sure if that will look good on the 5.

I need a tail pipe finisher too. Was thinking of just having a local shop make me one.

Well, as of today, the 09 GT in the avatar pic has now been replaced by a 2012 GT in Clearwater Blue, with the audio and moonroof package. Love the stability/traction control, it just saved my bacon in a blinding snowstorm on my way home from the dealer, even on the stock tires. Lots of folks off the road, fender benders, etc. but I am home by the fire now. Plan to write a longer analysis of the difference between the two cars later, but right now I'm just glad to be anywhere but driving!

Yeah, I got it from Mazda Gear, it's an angled OEM one. Had to pay a whopping $17 shipping. You should also be able to get it from Med Center as well. They offer free UPS Ground shipping if your total comes out to $100 or more.

Here's the link to Med Center. A bit pricey but they offer free shipping. I checked with my dealer and they wanted $70+ for it.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-tailpipe-finisher.html

I think this picture is kind of generic because I was expecting the one shown, but it's actually shorter and the tip is angled down.

Last edited:
Congrats! I purchased the same one, in GT trim level. I was driving back on the NJ Turnpike and we were getting heavy snow up here. I was on the "hammer lane" keeping up with the SUV's. Some really annoyed me because they were going so slow -- 35 or so. I was doing about 55, no issue with hitting those slush puddles. Traction control rarely came on, I guess the new Toyo All Season tires are doing its job. I love it. I was trying to switch to MS3 GT yesterday but I'm kind of glad the deal did not go through. I'd be driving in snow with Summer Wide Aspect Ratio tires right now and that's no fun. And all that torque, I'll be like Bambi on ice.
Well, as of today, the 09 GT in the avatar pic has now been replaced by a 2012 GT in Clearwater Blue, with the audio and moonroof package. Love the stability/traction control, it just saved my bacon in a blinding snowstorm on my way home from the dealer, even on the stock tires. Lots of folks off the road, fender benders, etc. but I am home by the fire now. Plan to write a longer analysis of the difference between the two cars later, but right now I'm just glad to be anywhere but driving!

I kind of like the old body style too now. Kind of growing on me. I like the front facia as the smiley 5 looks is less on the older design. Also not sure why Mazda stopped offering navigation on 11-12 models. Finally, European version gets power side doors, and we (U.S.) gets manual ones. If you watch this video, Mazda took out so much of what I would love to have. Manual transmission on GT trim level. Mazda could have done some survey of what people want... Also how about a diesel engine option?? What are we chopped liver??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEn0unwzmP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEVdjYkj58&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouF0thZuJhk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acg98HS8lNM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAgTYMkVwWk

Yes, last three videos are German versions.
QUOTE=OldGreyMike;5812866]Well, as of today, the 09 GT in the avatar pic has now been replaced by a 2012 GT in Clearwater Blue, with the audio and moonroof package. Love the stability/traction control, it just saved my bacon in a blinding snowstorm on my way home from the dealer, even on the stock tires. Lots of folks off the road, fender benders, etc. but I am home by the fire now. Plan to write a longer analysis of the difference between the two cars later, but right now I'm just glad to be anywhere but driving![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Mazda has repeatedly said WHY they don't offer NAVI here in the states. Their incar system would be 1800-2500$ and their research shows, people in the states won't pay for it. I would pay, because I like OEM, but that is what Mazda's reason is for not offering NAVI in states.

Okay, let me put my two cents in for the Mazda Navi. We have that option of the CX9 and I have to say, it's not that good comparing to the Honda Odyssey Navi. It's not very intuitive though I like having it, it looks cool. If only Mazda had OEM the Garmin Navi in the CX9 now that would have been real cool.

Now, as per options, I really wished that Mazda would have brought to states the Mazda5 with power sliding doors like they have in Europe and Asia. I think that would have been nice indeed. Maybe they would have sold more 5's with that feature.
Mazda has repeatedly said WHY they don't offer NAVI here in the states. Their incar system would be 1800-2500$ and their research shows, people in the states won't pay for it. I would pay, because I like OEM, but that is what Mazda's reason is for not offering NAVI in states.

On very few occasions I'd miss an OEM nav. Like last Sunday, I was on the highway when I noticed I was low on fuel. I needed the location for a McDonald, or Carl's Jr., or any food place, fast. Yup it was me, not the car, that was low on fuel :D But I didn't have the portable nav at the time. Even if I did, it'd probably be turned off at that moment and would take a while to get ready. An OEM nav would be much more convenient in such situations.

I just use my phone for directions. No need to have something that will break or not work so prominent on the dash.

2012 MZ5
6spd
Copper red mica
"stupid" sand interior
Purchase 11/15/11 fostoria Ohio
Currently 600 miles

I like it a lot, I came from a E39 touring

2012 MZ5
6spd
Copper red mica
"stupid" sand interior
Currently 600 miles

LOL "Stupid" sand
I would have also bought red if it was available with black interior..

I use my Sony Ericsson Android phone on Verizon network. However, I am looking to just get a Garmin Nuvi this winter. May just keep it semi-permanently mounted using some Velcro -- unless I am parking in the City in which case, I will just remove and take it with me. I still think Garmin has a better navigating algorithm than the Google Maps Navigation and easier to use.
I just use my phone for directions. No need to have something that will break or not work so prominent on the dash.

2012 MZ5
6spd
Copper red mica
"stupid" sand interior
Currently 600 miles

Just joined the forum after trading in my 2010 VW diesel wagon. Will miss the torque and fuel economy, but iced intercooler issues (leading to no-starts in winter) and other quality problems meant it was time to trade it in. I agree that the interior is much cheaper than the VW, but mechanically it seems much more refined and is a lot more fun to drive. Hopefully the materials will hold up over time, other than that it's all good!

Lol I guess things in life are all relative. The knock against the Mazda 5 for me is it is one of the lowest quality and cheaply put together interior of any modern car I have been in .

Hi, my wife and I just bought a new Mazda5 yesterday. All sorts of gadgetry to learn to find my way around! I previously thought her '03 Cavalier was fancy because it had a CD player. (lol2) My DD up until yesterday was fancy in that it had four electric windows and the engine almost always started when you turned the key. :D

Anyway:

'12 Mazda5 Touring
Metropolitan Grey ("sand" cloth interior, of course)
Moonroof/CD changer package
Purchased 1/4/12 in Michigan
106 miles as-delivered. Currently nearing 130 miles.

new guy here...
2012 Mazda Mazda5 GT w/ Luxury Package and 5AT
Crystal White Pearl Mica
Black Leather
Purchased December 17
6 km at delivery, currently at 3300 kms

in Canada, the 6MT is available on all trim levels, and the black leather is available with all colours (and the only cloth colour is black)

Last edited:
Congrats! But it sounds like you bought a demo, hope you received some steep discount!
Hi, my wife and I just bought a new Mazda5 yesterday. All sorts of gadgetry to learn to find my way around! I previously thought her '03 Cavalier was fancy because it had a CD player. (lol2) My DD up until yesterday was fancy in that it had four electric windows and the engine almost always started when you turned the key. :D

Anyway:

'12 Mazda5 Touring
Metropolitan Grey ("sand" cloth interior, of course)
Moonroof/CD changer package
Purchased 1/4/12 in Michigan
106 miles as-delivered. Currently nearing 130 miles.

Glad to have the newer members to our quiet part of the Mazda forums!

We only had Stormy Blue and Aluminum Metallic (Liquid Silver to you 'mericans I think) to choose from when we got our 5, and in my opinion the blue doesn't really look that good. Too dark and dull to show off the styling highlights of the car.

We actually wanted white, so I'm a bit Jelly of Rexstar!

The Stormy Blue is okay, but I just found the blue I want on the Mazda Premacy in Japan.

http://www.premacy.mazda.co.jp/

It's like the laser blue metallic that was on the CX-7 for a while. It's awesome. They also offer a shade of purple, power sliding doors, optional AWD, and with a back-up camera among other things. :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back