Locating a drain or short (2012 Mazda5)

Just got my first 5, 2012 manual. I noticed when getting it home that evening that the interior light did not shut off while in the "Door" position. Neither did the red light at the ignition tumbler. I had to manually turn off the dome light, but the red light by the tumbler remained on. Also, only the driver door does not lock/unlock with the key fob. All others are fine. I have to use the key to manually lock and unlock the driver door. The door lock switch/button on the driver panel operates the same. No effect on the driver lock, but all other do. Additionally, the indicator light on the cluster for "door ajar" is never on no matter what door is open. I also noticed the tailgate will not open unless the vehicle is running. I can hear it lock/unlock while pushing the key fob button, but if the vehicle is off, it will not open. I suspect the previous owner may have disabled some things but I don't know where to start. With the key in the ignition and in the "on" position, all cluster lights come on, but the "door ajar" light dosen't. I believe the vehicle is behaving as if a door is open, but no indicator light on the cluster showing so. Only code pulled from a cheap scanner shows B1318 Body (low battery????) Can anyone assist?

Back