Engine hum when shut off (2023 CX-5)

Everytime I shut off my 2023 cx5 premium plus there is a "humming" sound from under the hood. I was told this is normal, maybe computer cooling down. Anybody else have this issue.

my 2023 cx5 turbo does the same. the ones I test drove did the same so figure it is normal....

It normally stops when the headlights turn off and starts again when you press the power button twice. Many cars do it, even our 2011 Mercedes turbo diesel. I thought it was the high pressure fuel pump priming the injectors-- because that's how you prime a new fuel filter after you replace it.

It's probably making that sound all the time, you just can't hear it when the engine is running.

Many LED headlights have fans to keep them cool. When the car shuts off if the headlights are on a delay timer, the fan will continue to run. It will either shut off with the headlights or shortly thereafter to evacuate more heat.

Mine has always done that and I'm pretty sure it's the fuel pump.
The fuel pump is integral to the fuel tank so unless the hum is coming from back and underneath, probably not. Additionally, powering the fuel pump after the car has been shut off would have no practical purpose. If it's coming from the engine compartment the most likely culprit is the led fans.

The fuel pump is integral to the fuel tank so unless the hum is coming from back and underneath, probably not. Additionally, powering the fuel pump after the car has been shut off would have no practical purpose. If it's coming from the engine compartment the most likely culprit is the led fans.
It doesn't sound like fans at all.

This thread reminds me, anyone remember these Mazda commercials from WAY back?

Piston engine goes boing boing boing while the Mazda goes hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.

They ripped off the melody from CDB - Uneasy Rider.

I believe it's the fuel pressure regulator as it's cycling fuel back to the fuel tank. It's not the LED fans.

Back