Turn off engine but ignition stays on (2016 CX-5 Automatic)

2016 cx5 automatic when you turn the engine off the ignition stays on radio lights everything if you restat giggle the shifter in and out of park a few times it may shut off . Has anyone else had this trouble ? If so what is the fix ?

Sounds like the switch on the shifter that tells the car that it's in park is screwed up. This has been reported here before.

Sure sounds like TSB 05-003/19 but the 2016 CX-5‘s are not listed. Try moving the shift to Park and releasing it. When it pops to its home position, see if it shuts off.

I had the problem with our 2014 CX-5. I fixed it myself and it's been fine ever since. I can't remember whether I just shimmed the switch/screw mount, or adjusted it now (it was 10 years ago :) ) but I did have to remove the console/surround to do it. Didn't need to buy a new switch, it was just a bit out of position.

This was the thread that led me on the journey: Set shift to "P". Auxiliary power stays on.

agreed, it’s likely that switch. I accidentally put my 2013 in park once with my phone facing out from the cubby. It put just enough rearward pressure on the shifter knob to turn the car off but keep accessories on. Car didn’t think it was in park. Yanked my phone out of the way and all was golden lol

Back