Check Engine light on, but no code (2019 CX-5)

That Don Guy

:
CX-5 (2019)
This morning, my 2019 CX-5's Check Engine light came on. In the afternoon, I took it to Auto Zone and had them hook up the tester, but it returned "No Diagnostic Trouble Codes." Assuming that it was done correctly, what could cause a "phantom" light, and is there any way to reset it to see if the same problem turns it back on?

I would say Autozone's generic code reader just isn't picking up the Mazda specific code that is set.

What does your center infotainment display tell you under "applications", "warning guidance" ?

I would say Autozone's generic code reader just isn't picking up the Mazda specific code that is set.

What does your center infotainment display tell you under "applications", "warning guidance" ?
No warnings. I also tried resetting the oil change; the light is still on.

Is it the wrench indicator or something else?

Did you check out whether or not tire rotation is due? Or if perhaps the other maintenance indicator is the cause? There's three total.

Is it the wrench indicator or something else?

Did you check out whether or not tire rotation is due? Or if perhaps the other maintenance indicator is the cause? There's three total.

It is the yellow/amber light that looks like an engine. Does the "check engine" light look like something else on a CX-5?

I just had the tires replaced in October.

I am taking it in to the shop today to see what it is.

Although they usually don't last much over 2 years on our vehicles, I'll ask anyway if yours still has the factory battery.

It is the yellow/amber light that looks like an engine. Does the "check engine" light look like something else on a CX-5?

I just had the tires replaced in October.

I am taking it in to the shop today to see what it is.
You are correct in your assessment of this being the check engine light. The shop (dealer or other) should be able to quickly read the code and reset it if necessary.

Had it checked; I "think" he said it was the coolant control valve. Fortunately for me, the fix is covered under my warranty. The only problem was, they couldn't get it done today, but they did give me a loaner car, which was a 3, and I am not a fan of driving cars where the seat is low.

I wonder why the AutoZone tester didn't detect it.

likely its for american cars and not newer Mazda :)
You can buy obd reader nowadays for 50-60$ and check with the mobile phone. No need to even go to autozone

Had it checked; I "think" he said it was the coolant control valve. Fortunately for me, the fix is covered under my warranty. The only problem was, they couldn't get it done today, but they did give me a loaner car, which was a 3, and I am not a fan of driving cars where the seat is low.

I wonder why the AutoZone tester didn't detect it.
Yep - P0126. CCV causing that code is at epidemic level, particularly with MY 2021 and newer.

AFA the code not being read at AZ, it's a vanilla, generic code so either they pushed the wrong button on the scanner, or else it's shot. Even the cheapest scanner should be able to read all basic codes like that one.

I'm wondering why there wasn't "guidance information" on the infotainment to accompany the CEL?

Something like visit your nearest Mazda dealership for service

Back