2019 CX-5 Auto Transmission Malfunction message and Engine light

:
2019 CX5 GT-R
Hello Value members
My 2019 CX5 GT Turbo gave this message yesterday. Along with this message it also flashed , "Front radar sensor malfunction" , "Smart brake system malfunction".
I have only driven 26k on this CX5. Today morning everything is perfect and i dont see the Check engine light either. My four year lease is coming to an end soon.
Any thoughts and recommendations ? Kindly advise

Likely low voltage. Battery is probably about at the end of its life. Maybe check/top off the water in the battery (if you haven't already) and throw a battery charger on it now and then to get you through to lease end.

If the front radar sensor goes out you no longer have smart braking or cruise control that keeps a distance from what you're following. Happens sometimes due to weather and other things but usually clears shortly.

I've had that error occasionally. Usually, snow/rain/condensation (dew) related. I would ignore it unless it starts happening a lot, or all the time.

@shooter357 and @RedBaron , I think you may have missed the additional "AT Transmission Malfunction" and CEL (in the thread subject line) symptoms. He wouldn't have those with a simple front sensor condensation or dirty/debris whereas a low voltage would cause all of those symptoms.

HyFlyer Maybe I am missing something so I went back and for some reason I still don't see it. Can't figure it out!

HyFlyer Maybe I am missing something so I went back and for some reason I still don't see it. Can't figure it out!

When the OP said: ...
My 2019 CX5 GT Turbo gave this message yesterday. Along with this message it also flashed ...

I understood the "this" he was referring to was the AT Transmission Malfunction and check engine light (CEL)

Screenshot_20230627-195814~2.png

Well hi flyer if you look I didn't address the Trans/cel issue. What I said about the front sensor is true because I've experienced it myself along with others!

Back