I've tried 5 sets of ignition coils! 2020 CX-5

:
2020 Mazda CX-5
Hey all .. My ride is a 2020 Mazda cx-5, I drive Uber and I have 127,000 mi on it. The last few weeks I've tried five sets of ignition coils, two from Amazon coming from china, two from AutoZone which didn't work either, and one from advance Auto parts. None * of them last more than a couple miles before cutting out.

*the first set from China/Amazon lasted mysteriously 29 days, 1 day from being able to return

My original ignition coil still function. Merely trying to do preventive maintenance. I put the new coils in, drive down the road, everything looks good, I go to accelerate, engine cuts out and I have to put the old ones back in. Spark plugs have 30,000 miles on them so they should be good..

Is there anything else I should be looking at that might be causing this issue?

Hey all .. My ride is a 2020 Mazda cx-5, I drive Uber and I have 127,000 mi on it. The last few weeks I've tried five sets of ignition coils, two from Amazon coming from china, two from AutoZone which didn't work either, and one from advance Auto parts. None * of them last more than a couple miles before cutting out.

*the first set from China/Amazon lasted mysteriously 29 days, 1 day from being able to return

My original ignition coil still function. Merely trying to do preventive maintenance. I put the new coils in, drive down the road, everything looks good, I go to accelerate, engine cuts out and I have to put the old ones back in. Spark plugs have 30,000 miles on them so they should be good..

Ion sensing circuitry malfunctioned in your after-market ignition coils?

A1A9F9AC-E2CE-439E-8F3D-22CCC93F1AD9.png

Looks like the coils do have ION sensors.

View attachment 233526

So after determining that the coil has ION sensing capabilities built inside, I guess my question would be, does it really matter if we use an aftermarket spark plug such as Ruthenium?

And this member is having the same experience as you recently on after-market ignition coils:

Beware of Aftermarket Ignition Coil Packs

There is absolutely no reason to change an ignition coil unless yours are failing.
When I sold my 3 at 230,000 miles, it was still on the original packs, and they still worked fine.

Same thing goes for oxygen sensors. (or any other sensor for that matter). If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!! Ignition coils are not a maintenance item, they will likely last the life of the car.

I won't buy/use any non-OE parts unless it is not powertrain related.
Many fake parts online.
Some even have fake Mazda packaging/labels.
Even for parts like massive airflow sensor.
My co-worker bought one online, which failed within 2 months.

To echo others here, use only OEM ignition coils. What type of spark plugs are currently installed? If they’re genuine NGK that matches OEM spec or OEM plugs that may not be the culprit, but if they’re a different brand/purchased online from bad source (counterfeit) that could also cause issues. Counterfeits seem to fail within 10k miles, having them last through 30k is a promising sign.

Back